spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No chance in hell. People believe this hahaha :ffsparr:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Isn't he precisely the type of ageing marquee signing we've managed to avoid?

aging? he's bloody peak age for a striker, should have another 6-7 years ahead of him. credit to the club for looking for young, cheap players but you need tom experience and proven ability sometimes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That would leave 3 players fighting for beds in the coveted Sam Baldock Memorial Sick Bay, I hope the club built an extension.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sake.

What a laugh.

Clearly bollocks.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

I think that is a civil way of putting it. Was it worth the thread ? Strewth.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We don't sign players anymore for big money unless they are 25 at most !

We want a good re-sale value. And Welbeck does not give us that, and he's a bit of a sick note.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If it wasnt for his wages I would be all over this. Welbeck is so underated its unbelievable.

A season without injury he would bang in 15 goals a season for us easily.

Has he ever had a season without injury.
15 goals in a season should be 15 minutes in a season

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
aging? he's bloody peak age for a striker, should have another 6-7 years ahead of him. credit to the club for looking for young, cheap players but you need tom experience and proven ability sometimes.

He's older than most we sign though isn't he? And he's hardly a 'fighting-fit' 28 year old in the prime of his career. His best days could well be behind him.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He went to the World Cup- played a decent amount of games last season and is 27. £15 mill is a steal. But it's not happening.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You beat me to it.

Aging at 28? Pfft.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's older than most we sign though isn't he? And he's hardly a 'fighting-fit' 28 year old in the prime of his career. His best days could well be behind him.

sure his fitness is a concern, that wasn't the objection you raised though. we wont progress if we rule out buying players over 25, only have resale potential etc.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
sure his fitness is a concern, that wasn't the objection you raised though. we wont progress if we rule out buying players over 25, only have resale potential etc.

And you only focussed on his age. My betting though is that because of his injuries e is seen as 'ageing' and that his best days are probably behind him, i.e. he's a 28 year old in a 35 year old's body. After all if he was still at his peak he'd be looking at a better club than the likes of us, Bournemouth or Southampton.

And I've got no objection to signing older players, Glenn Murray was hardly in the first flush of youth when we (re)signed him and has been absolutely brilliant, but no one would ever really call him a 'marquee signing'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here