Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
Seems like Southampton are favourites to sign him but I would love to get Welbeck. I've always been a fan and think he's been massively under rated over the years.

Talking of Arsenal reject forwards, I see Lucas Perez is set to join West Ham for £5 million. I think that is probably West Ham's best signing of the summer, he's a really good player and not been given a chance by Arsenal. £5 million is a bargain.
Wow I wish Brighton would have made a move for Perez. £5 million is a steal, he's a fantastic forward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not going to happen. The wages and the fact that this is jus tnot the sort we go for.

Shame in a way as you don't play for England 40 times if your a mug. If he came here he would prob be a level above any striker we've ever had. Would quickly see it

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
there is a lot of investment going on this season by Albion .... but IMHO it's very much forward looking with many signings in the mid 20's and lower so although it might be good for BHA to get a Wellbeck or similar I doubt its part of plan A (future planning) and probably outside the wage structure

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
I think he is exactly our type of player as he is just about the best around at winning the ball by "closing down defenders". The only drawbacks are, he never seems to be fit, his wages would be very high and he probably wouldn't want to come anyway. A fully fit Danny Welbeck would be miles better than anyone we have up front right now.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
It isn't going to happen because it doesn't fit our normal profile of player, but I like Welbeck. If Motivated and fit (and that is the big if) I'd say he could do well for us, and £15m is decent value.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It isn't going to happen because it doesn't fit our normal profile of player, but I like Welbeck. If Motivated and fit (and that is the big if) I'd say he could do well for us, and £15m is decent value.

Agree.

Great signing (if it happens) and a good opportunity for him as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Does it? What is the most we pay anyone at the moment? I've seen £45k mentioned on here for our top earners in the past.

His £70k deal is from 2014 when he signed for Arsenal, before the mega TV deal doubled what agents started demanding when negotiating new contracts.

He ain't going anywhere for less than £100k a week plus bonuses. That's more than £20m over the course of a 4 year contract. We wouldn't commit to those figures on a fit player, so why would we do it for a player who averages just 24 games a season for the past 8 seasons?

Don't do it to yourself, he ain't coming.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
His £70k deal is from 2014 when he signed for Arsenal, before the mega TV deal doubled what agents started demanding when negotiating new contracts.

He ain't going anywhere for less than £100k a week plus bonuses. That's more than £20m over the course of a 4 year contract. We wouldn't commit to those figures on a fit player, so why would we do it for a player who averages just 24 games a season for the past 8 seasons?

Just up Palace’s street.

LVGull

May 13, 2016

They can keep him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This would be one helluva statement signing, 'Welbs' is a top, top player and would signal our arrival into the upper echelons of the PL, he wouldn't come here unless there was some serous ambition to push the club further.

Believe me, we are nowhere near the 'upper echelons' of the Premier League, we finished 15th last season, and this is only our second year in it!

Talk about running before you can walk! . . . . . . :wozza:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Believe me, we are nowhere near the 'upper echelons' of the Premier League, we finished 15th last season, and this is only our second year in it!

Talk about running before you can walk! . . . . . . :wozza:
Are you familiar with Crodo's posts?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here