Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Swimming pool annoying things

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally agree. Swim all year round in the sea and never been ill from it. Won’t go near pools after two bouts of acute bronchitis from the affects of chlorine gases.

Rivers, lakes and quarries for me, anything pretentiously ‘wild’ in fact. And sharks, I love a shark. Especially with chips.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
A couple of weeks ago at the Pells there was a guy going for an Olympic record in the slow lane when the fast lane was pretty much empty.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So you are in the line of showers after coming out to wash yourself off and the bloke next to you decides to have a full on body and hair shower with suds and foam going everywhere.
He then proceeds to wash his bits and clean his bell end.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
How about changing-room lockers that swallow your 20p so if you forget something you can't re-lock it without
putting another one in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One of the great things about a swimming pool is it's one of the few public places free from the modern day scourge of stupid people and their smart phones. Unlike the gym, where way too many dickheads with no sense of self-awareness consider gym equipment a perfect place to have a bit of a sit down to play with their apps.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
So you are in the line of showers after coming out to wash yourself off and the bloke next to you decides to have a full on body and hair shower with suds and foam going everywhere.
He then proceeds to wash his bits and clean his bell end.

You could've at least given me a hand!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Im extremely short sighted - & once went swimming with the girlfriend at King Alfred. Put my stuff in the locker (inc. my specs) saw the pool in the distance & wandered through without a thought. Only trouble was, it was the women's shower area & changing rooms - but I hadn't been able to see the signs....much to my gf's (now wife) amusement. I couldn't see much of anything as I wandered through tbh...which was pretty annoying ;o)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
One of the great things about a swimming pool is it's one of the few public places free from the modern day scourge of stupid people and their smart phones. Unlike the gym, where way too many dickheads with no sense of self-awareness consider gym equipment a perfect place to have a bit of a sit down to play with their apps.

IP68, baby.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I don't swim, but did have later than normal swimming lessons about 10 years ago. I quite enjoyed it, although one of my over-riding images was in the shower after. I looked down, and someone had left a 'sex wee' on the floor. That has stuck with me. Not literally, I had a deep cleanse.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Totally agree. Swim all year round in the sea and never been ill from it. Won’t go near pools after two bouts of acute bronchitis from the affects of chlorine gases.

It’s got better. That last hot summer, was it 94 or 95? I swam in the sea far to often and had ear and throat infections constantly

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's always that fat hairy bloke, who has what resembles an axminster on his back.
Not nice getting a mouthful of furball when they swim by :eek:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Make the most of it while you can all phones will be waterproof soon.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I'm a quick swimmer (ooh, humble brag) but I get WELL PUFFED OUT so need rests quite frequently.

I lane jump ALL THE TIME. I'll do my 6 or 8 lengths or whatever, and then move if the other lane is clear as to avoid being someone who just hangs around in the fast lane.

I have tried swimming in the middle lane but it's just too slow. I'm sure im breaking etiquette.

This morning I had two club swimmers doing butterfly sets right down the middle of the fast lane. Selfish. I just sat there waiting as there was no way I was going to get FISTED in the face. No one wants that first thing on a Wednesday.

Club swimmers tend to swim a few lengths at a time and then rest. When I'm in the fast lane I spend quite a lot of time 'hanging around' or getting my breath back. When I'm at the end of the pool resting I'm always aware of other swimmers and get right up against the lane rope. The lanes are 50%-100% bigger in public time so there should be enough room to turn around.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The most effective swim training is, like running, a mixture of repetitions of different distances and speeds, so it’s normal that you’ll have people resting at the pool end. As long as they stand to the side, this is fine and there’s no need to move lanes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here