Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Is today going to be a thunderstorm day ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Can bring insects and vegetation to surface which attracts fish, apparently. The Kittiwake colony on the cliffs is best seen by kayak, especially at high tide. It was great just floating there amongst them in the sea, all bobbing along together. Recommend it if you get the chance.

Been a perfect summer for that. I'll borrow our friends canoe. Good idea.
The mackerel are up on the high tide just now in Hove. i'll get down there in the morning and chance my arm.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Raining quite heavy in BN3... surprised I haven't seen any FLASHES yet.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
BBC said heavy Rain Showers in RH20 from 7PM onwards, a few spots came down and then predictably it departed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The first wave of storms is heading for Bognor, but there are more coming in later.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=...b=;ts=0;z=9;y=50.3069;x=0.0867;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;

Worst of it has missed us by a long way but still hope of a decent shower or two

e8685962b118dd56a7975b76e234ea0a.png

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm just north of that big green splodge moving towards Cambridge. It's looking very stormy here...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very quiet in Devon. Chose my holiday time/place well for a change....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’s all moving NE........

Oh. Well that explains the combines roaring away in the wheat fields out the back then. They were still harvesting right through the night till 4:50am in the field behind my house last night / this morning.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Couple of isolated flashes of fork lightning to the west of Hove. But I think it's passing us by on the whole.

Regards,
Mr. M. Fish

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh. Well that explains the combines roaring away in the wheat fields out the back then. They were still harvesting right through the night till 4:50am in the field behind my house last night / this morning.

Desperate to get it done before any rain does arrive....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very quiet in Devon. Chose my holiday time/place well for a change....

Yes, it's all east of the IOW. There is some heading towards Brighton at the moment (as said around the wind farm) but the rest look to be heading towards the north sea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here