Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ibrahim Sangare

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Might make sense if we are looking to play 3 in the middle at times against the big 6 like we did last season. Gross is not strong enough to play that position IMO.

He is (in a three) but why would he need to, when we have Stephens, Propper, Bissouma and Kayal?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
He is (in a three) but why would he need to, when we have Stephens, Propper, Bissouma and Kayal?

With injuries/suspensions, 4 players may not be enough to cover 3 positions. I'm being picky, i know. I certainly wouldn't be uncomfortable going with what we have got.

Last year we started with Stephens, Propper, Kayal, Sidwell, Gross and Brown who were all options in CM. But ended up looking thin in that position and put a lot of pressure on Stephens/Propper.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With injuries/suspensions, 4 players may not be enough to cover 3 positions. I'm being picky, i know. I certainly wouldn't be uncomfortable going with what we have got.

Last year we started with Stephens, Propper, Kayal, Sidwell, Gross and Brown who were all options in CM. But ended up looking thin in that position and put a lot of pressure on Stephens/Propper.

Fair points, but given that Sidwell contributed nothing on the pitch all season, we have that same group, but with Bissouma replacing Brown. I believe Bernardo also has some playing experience at CM.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
This is probably another one of those where earlier in the window we DID make an offer, or were at least seriously interested, but then ended up signing other targets instead,and now it's late on in the window, some interest needs generated from the player's agent. I feel like as the window moves to a close, once again we are now awash with a backlog of stories and articles about players we were interested in earlier in the window, as part of the cluster policy, but ended up signing someone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here