Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs India Second Test - Lord's

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think that they would have made representation and put pressure on the umpires.on the grounds that we would start with our fast bowlers and the safety issue in bad light.

It doesn’t matter. The umpires decide when to come off, record the reading and then that holds for the rest of the match.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are such a pedantic man/boy I wish you had been old enough to use my pub when I had it in Burgess Hill and I would have had great pleasure in barring you. I dont usually let people get to me but you seem to take the biscuit on every occasion that you post anything. with nothing ever being constructive or informative just knocking other people.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You are such a pedantic man/boy I wish you had been old enough to use my pub when I had it in Burgess Hill and I would have had great pleasure in barring you. I dont usually let people get to me but you seem to take the biscuit on every occasion that you post anything. with nothing ever being constructive or informative just knocking other people.

Blimey. Bad day ? You REALLY don’t like being corrected do you.

What pub did you run and when ?

Was only trying to help you understand how things are done now. As it is, go **** yourself you silly old goat.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That is not a thing any more. If it was still up to the batting side we would not have come off in the first place. Umpires decide when the light is too bad, nothing to do with either side.

Had India refused to bat they would have forfeited the test.
As they'd been taken off earlier for light (notwithstanding the fact that it was pissing it down) the team that was batting were allowed to choose not to bat if the light was under the same level. Umpires decision yes, but technically the choice of the batsmen.

I'm no expert but this is what they said on TMS and Sky.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey. Bad day ? You REALLY don’t like being corrected do you.

What pub did you run and when ?

Was only trying to help you understand how things are done now. As it is, go **** yourself you silly old goat.

As they'd been taken off earlier for light (notwithstanding the fact that it was pissing it down) the team that was batting were allowed to choose not to bat if the light was under the same level. Umpires decision yes, but technically the choice of the batsmen.

This perhaps answers my point and it appears that I mixed up the days. My apologies as yes a bad day due to Watford Sorry. The Pub was The Cricketers at the turn of the Millenium.

This perhaps answers my point and it appears that I mixed up the days. My apologies as yes a bad day due to Watford Sorry. The Pub was The Cricketers at the turn of the Millenium.

So not only have you disclosed your name on here which has led to people seeing your photo but you now are starting to disclose your employment history - you really can't help yourself or you are just attention seeking. The people who patronisingly defend you on this board have really been taken for a ride.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyway, back to the cricket. Think we need to push on quite quickly this morning, get a lead of 350+ and declare leaving a day and a bit to bowl them out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We’ve got a big enough lead to skittle them already. Will probably declare before lunch to give the bowlers a good hour at them before a break.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

This is the rule. The batsmen have no choice in the matter.

Law 3.5.3 Suspension of play for adverse conditions of ground, weather or light

b) If at any time the umpires together agree that the conditions of ground, weather or light are so bad that there is obvious and foreseeable risk to the safety of any player or umpire, so that it would be unreasonable or dangerous for play to take place, then they shall immediately suspend play, or not allow play to commence or to restart. The decision as to whether conditions are so bad as to warrant such action is one for the umpires alone to make.

TMS did have a discussion on how it used to be and whether it should still be up to the batting side.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why are we still batting surely we have a large enough lead to make the game safe and a couple of wickets before lunch would be more beneficial with rain disruptions expected.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So not only have you disclosed your name on here which has led to people seeing your photo but you now are starting to disclose your employment history - you really can't help yourself or you are just attention seeking. The people who patronisingly defend you on this board have really been taken for a ride.

Nothing disclosed as that was nearly 20 years ago and many on here know me from there. I dont live in BH but still see many ex customers whenever we go there shopping.

Just keep abreast of the test score.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Declared 289 the lead

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Has Root overslept this morning ? hence the lack of a declaration ? We really need to get them in now as I can see the weather denying us in the next 2 days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

In that case I used to play in your darts team, or possibly just before your time.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That's 45 minutes of wasted time we won't get back. Bonkers decision to bat on by Root when the ball was swinging round corners. He won't be popular if we don't get the job today and have to come back tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here