Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pasta maker

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I should do this but I’ve found a great place near Euston that produces for lots of Italian restaurants and will sell retail. All made that morning and just superb. But I suspect always better to make yourself.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Information overload!

I did a course 5 years ago and bought a bog standard machine from Robert dyas, I still use it now. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy to knock up some dough in a few minutes.

Sometimes for a quick snack I'll race the water boiling from cold and try and be ready with the pasta by the time it's boiled. No sauce, just warm olive oil and garlic, it's amazing!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’ve enrolled on a pasta course and am now thinking ahead to pasta machines. I’m thinking about a hand cranking one, not an automatic one. Anyone on here have any tips, advice etc?

There's nothing more satisfying when bored at home than a good hand cranking session.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I’ve enrolled on a pasta course and am now thinking ahead to pasta machines. I’m thinking about a hand cranking one, not an automatic one. Anyone on here have any tips, advice etc?

You can get a motor that clips on to the Imperia ones, so if you do use it a lot and get fed up of cranking it, you can add the motor, others might also have this option.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Sometimes for a quick snack I'll race the water boiling from cold and try and be ready with the pasta by the time it's boiled. No sauce, just warm olive oil and garlic, it's amazing![/QUOTE]

With a little grated cheese, a piece of crusty bread to mop up with and a nice glass of red wine. Heaven.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I got bought a pasta machine, made sure I got top quality ingredients, set it all up, and took a while to make fresh pasta. It was lovely

just like fresh pasta from the shop. (Think the pasta machine is still at the back of a cupboard in the kitchen) :wink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't find the pasta making a faff; what I do find a pain is washing the machine afterwards. It takes ages to get all the bits out

The other thing no-one's mentioned is to get proper 00 flour, making it with plain flour doesn't work (at least, it didn't for me)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Being prepared is the key. Clear the whole work surface/table where you are making the pasta. Have a drying rack or chair read to hang the pasta. Loads of flour.

We got into making spaghetti and it was delicious. I'm thinking ravioli next.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Being prepared is the key. Clear the whole work surface/table where you are making the pasta. Have a drying rack or chair read to hang the pasta. Loads of flour.

We got into making spaghetti and it was delicious. I'm thinking ravioli next.

I can make a really good bolognese so I’m lookimg forward to making this into ravioli. Plus some more adventurous versions. I also had a really nice minced mussels spaghetti recently, which I’m also lookimg forward to making from scratch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Made my first pasta this weekend, tortelli filled with spinach and ricotta, went well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No pictures then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do, but I can’t load them from my iPhone. I’ve had this issue for sometime now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 3EFB5143-A36C-496A-826E-C4D4D230F3C3.jpeg
    3EFB5143-A36C-496A-826E-C4D4D230F3C3.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 6F259509-CFC7-4951-8E22-922A9909F165.jpeg
    6F259509-CFC7-4951-8E22-922A9909F165.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 89

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside I went to the Follakzoid matinee show straight from the pasta work shop. The door man said “Can I check my pasta machine into the garderobe” was probably going to be his quote of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here