• 2CA96302-D1D2-4C6C-A3D2-E5A514ED1C5F.jpeg
    2CA96302-D1D2-4C6C-A3D2-E5A514ED1C5F.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 142

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
As an aside I went to the Follakzoid matinee show straight from the pasta work shop. The door man said “Can I check my pasta machine into the garderobe” was probably going to be his quote of the day.

Did he also ask "Hast du eine Flasche?"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Looks tasty . [emoji1303]

Never attempted myself but know there an art to it .

Were you happy with it’s thickness etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s definitely an art to it, the lady who was teaching us (a friend of a friend’s mum who was in town) was cranking the pasta strips out and doing the fancy plaits with ease. To make this specific pasta, ie tortelli, the pasta had to be the thinnest setting on my machine. I was getting it this thinness without issue and mouth texture wise it worked. If it’s too thick to start with, the pasta doesn’t cook evenly due to the plait being thicker.

And it’s fun. I’m goimg to make some spaghetti this week just to practice....and take it from there

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
There’s definitely an art to it, the lady who was teaching us (a friend of a friend’s mum who was in town) was cranking the pasta strips out and doing the fancy plaits with ease. To make this specific pasta, ie tortelli, the pasta had to be the thinnest setting on my machine. I was getting it this thinness without issue and mouth texture wise it worked. If it’s too thick to start with, the pasta doesn’t cook evenly due to the plait being thicker.

And it’s fun. I’m goimg to make some spaghetti this week just to practice....and take it from there

Great stuff! I love good pasta

Will be keeping a keen eye on your progress [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does homemade pasta taste much different to shop pasta? Allways wondered?

I’m not sure if you mean dried or shop bought fresh pasta. But, compared to the latter the mouth feel is different; the stuff I made had bite and a bit of springiness to it. It tasted good and it’s very satisfying knowing you made the meal from scratch. And I enjoyed it. I can see the time/benefit argument but im quite happy opening a beer, putting some music on and beavering away. And I get brownie points from the Frau....win win win.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been experimenting with spaghetti, different thicknesses, and minutes in the pan of water. 2nd to last notch on the roller thickness and 2mins in the pan of boiling water seems to work. Going to experiment a bit more tonight as the spaghetti wasn’t fully dried out...I guess drying will affect things.

Any thoughts ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Been experimenting with spaghetti, different thicknesses, and minutes in the pan of water. 2nd to last notch on the roller thickness and 2mins in the pan of boiling water seems to work. Going to experiment a bit more tonight as the spaghetti wasn’t fully dried out...I guess drying will affect things.

Any thoughts ?

Erm ... you have far too much spare time on your hands?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m making made chicken liver ragu with home made egg tagliatelle tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here