Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Members

Chess Club - BHANSC - a new beginning

3 Not allowed!
    This is a follow up to our chess thread, having become a much longer than expected topic, we though that some people may or may not be dipping into it. In a nutshell, we are reaching out for new members

Founded by NSC's BHA Pickles and myself, along with our lieutenant Mr Snuggles (aka Battleman), we now currently we have 9 of our founder members playing for Team England

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...ighlight=chess

We have become quite a force to be reckoned with not just in the world of football clubs, but as a formidable chess team in itself. We have a long list of scalps, such as Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus, and World Club champions Qarabagh

That's not to say all of us are any good. Not even to say everyone knows all the rules. It doesn't matter. We host tournaments, play each other,chat, learn, meet opposition fans, talk football, chess, the odd bit of banter. #BattlemanOUT, we have a #fixtures thread

Anyway from what started out as a small challenge to see if anyone fancied a game, we now have for the first time a challenge against a team called "Seagull" in the World Council of Chess where they are pitching more players than we are.

Brighton And Hove Albion Northstand Chess now has just one prerequisite to join.
    You must be a Brighton fan.

Now opening our doors to non NSC members. Age, ability, doesn't matter. Its family friendly. Perhaps you have a son or daughter who wants to learn, and play under our clubs name against the worlds biggest football teams? There is an app and group for kids too. There is no pressure, and, you WILL get game time. If it becomes too busy, heck we'll just get more challenges and handicap accordingly. Most of us play at our best games in team matches

Welcome to @Smirko our newest first teamer, playing his opening match against the aptly name "Seagull" in the WCC. We will be in the Champions League this year too, which I should be helping out with admin

@attila is our press officer, though I think he is using it to promote his gigs and meet fans for a beer at away matches if the truth be told.

Any questions, just ask

Come join us

I am also going to use this opportunity (hope thats ok @Bozza) to say that any NSC or BHANSC donations to sponsor my young cousin, on her excuse to get a free skydive, will be matched/partially matched by me, in donating braille chess boards for Blatchington Court in Hove, and the RNIB (New College) in Worcester. Both charities empowering the young and visually impaired in life and chess. Thank you Snuggles for getting the ball rolling. St Richards hospice is a charity very close to many peoples hearts up here, caring for terminally ill with dignity and comfort in their final days. In memory of my mom. If you are kind of enough to donate, please reference BHA/NSC in your comments so I know what to match. (My funds are limited, £80 should see both charities get a board)

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/hannah-bushell

Take care
    Matt
    Last edited by maffew; 05-08-2018 at 12:58.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Hey people,

It would be great if you could join us, everyone is so welcome, you so really are. Even Taybha has joined and we're having fun playing games, and trust me, he is gorgeous, but I digress.....

We try our best to 'run' the club as Bozza does on our very own NSC, without interference, and let things flow, although naturally there are mods ( of which a few mod on here ), primarily, for my part, to keep the pikey boys from infiltrating.........

As Matt has said, we really do play other supporter clubs globally, and we have a good record against these lot!

It really is fun, so come and join, and play chess, drink beer, and Up The Albion!!!! xxx SEAGULLS xxx
      This is what caused the delay. “Can you sign this Paul?” - 80 minutes later Barber finished his reply. (Herr Tubbs)

1 Not allowed!
      Come and beat this lot of NSC Chess RABBLE!

Pickles

Questions

Peter Ward

Atilla

Giraffe

Sways

mune ni kamone

Alan Cundle

Leon Knight

Petee

Perseus

BH Albion

Gwylan

NEASTGULL

Kylegreen

Dorset Seagull

Dunk

Nobby

Mr Snuggles

DTES

Maffew

Fitzcarraldo

SK1NT

Dick Head

Guy Fawkes

Sussex Seahawk

loco61

Brighton Lines

Splatypus

btnbelle

Bozza

piersa

Is it PotG

Captain Vimes

Taybha

Smirko
      This is what caused the delay. “Can you sign this Paul?” - 80 minutes later Barber finished his reply. (Herr Tubbs)

1 Not allowed!
      I've just signed up. Hendraxx is my username.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hendrax View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've just signed up. Hendraxx is my username.
      Great stuff!

It really is a great club. As I said previous, we do it on the mirror of NSC. Get involved, it's worth it, it really is x
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I’ve signed up with chess.com, how do I then find NSC?
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      I’ve signed up with chess.com, how do I then find NSC?
      Use the longer link in post 2 of this page. Click join and leave a note stating who you are if your user is different from your NSC username.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hendrax View Post
      Use the longer link in post 2 of this page. Click join and leave a note stating who you are if your user is different from your NSC username.
      Indeed.
      By the way guys, the chess.com app is great for playing but you don't get all the access to the club stuff really. So sometimes a browser is preferred or even necessary
      The link hendrax said is the best way in
      Forum is
      https://www.chess.com/clubs/forum/br...ove-albion-nsc
      Come say hello, there is an NSC username thread, cheneral chit chat and the like. Some tournaments or matches might need you to have played a few daily games first.

A good start might be play a few live games, chess.com will pair you against similar rated players, well after you have played and won a lost a few. Or say you fancy a game, if you are totally new to the game or whatever and we'll get some games going.
      There's a wealth of training on there too, right down to which pieces move where and which way the board goes

I should read it sometime
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Be warned : It can get rather addictive!