Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion fan prediction in today's Observer

Peteinblack

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
We need a poll on here: "Where do you think we will finish this season?"

I'm usually a bit of a cynic, but I reckon after a successful summer of transfers, we'll finish 10th.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Optimistic much? 9th?

Discuss.

Optimistic why? Can't play the chippy underdog card forever.

Burnley finished 7th last season despite being nothing special - apart from having Ashley Barnes to call on for crucial goals, obviously.

IMHO 7th should be the target position with 9th a poor consolation.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
See Burnley are still being sniffy. Us to be relegated. As expected, our friends up the road saying the same.

Appreciate these are one person/club view but probably reflects all their fans hopes!!!

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
See Burnley are still being sniffy. Us to be relegated. As expected, our friends up the road saying the same.

Appreciate these are one person/club view but probably reflects all their fans hopes!!!

But interestingly they were the only 2 who had us in the relegation zone. There seemed to be a pretty broad consensus on Watford Cardiff and Hudds.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Observer? It's a link to The Gaurdian ???

Probably. I’m old school. On a Sunday the paper version became The Observer.

Anyway, I’m hoping for 12th or thereabouts with the steady progress under Hughton to be continued. Top half and I may just pee myself.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’m just looking forward to the season what will be will be...Watford next week then a fortnight today MU ..capacity crowd at 4pm super!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Never anything contentious at Burnley. So the Rodriguez/Bong thing wasn’t contentious? Probably why their fan decided we were relegation favourites.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Probably. I’m old school. On a Sunday the paper version became The Observer.

Anyway, I’m hoping for 12th or thereabouts with the steady progress under Hughton to be continued. Top half and I may just pee myself.

I see, thanks. The fan mentioned at the end of section about Brighton says Observer reader.

I won't be happy if we don't finish in the top 4 :)
Seriously I wouldn't grumble at finishing 12th.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Huddersfield fan had them to go down. I think that is the first time I have ever seen that, apart from maybe clubs that are definitely in crisis.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We’ve got a stronger squad than this time last year, for sure. Problem is the whole division looks stronger.
Also, often when clubs in our position spend a few quid there’s an expectation from the fans that the team will be more expansive and attack’s more. This is the graveyard of many a club in its second or third season.
I thInk ninth is ridiculous.
I see us finishing above Cardiff , Huddersfield and Newcastle which will just be about enough to keep us up. Which I’d be very happy with.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
giphy (29).gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills