Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Because everyone said we need four CB's and yet our fourth choice has a broken foot and will be 250 miles away for half a season.

Makes sense if Montoya signs though, surely? It means Montoya can play full back and Bernardo could go CB IF (big if) we do need a 4th choice CB before Jan.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Makes sense if Montoya signs though, surely? It means Montoya can play full back and Bernardo could go CB IF (big if) we do need a 4th choice CB before Jan.

I know Bernardo is the ultimate utility man, but has he ever played CB before?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Maybe we're only planning on naming 24.

I know clubs have to compensate for injuries and suspensions, but I think a squad of 25 is too big anyway. I know the Albion got lucky with injuries last season, but if you look at the amount of game time Uwe and Goldson got last season, having four CBs for two spots could be seen as excessive. Just looked it up and 24 players played PL minutes (Hünemeier just one sub appearance and Goldson two appearances), so it can be done.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I don't know, but White has.

#tooyoungtooinexperienced.yawn!

I'd prefer White to be playing regularly. Nothing to do with him not being able to step up, just think he'd be better off with more game time than we're likely to afford him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So - sorry if I've missed something - have we actually singed him and loaned him back? I thought we had, but I had to go out for a bit and when I came back and switched on SSN the first thing I heard (or think I heard) was "Dan Burn has announced he is staying at Wigan". Looking on the BBC and Sky Sports websites he doesn't appear to be listed on any of the lists of deadline day transfers. Puzzled. What gives?

Just looked - doesn't appear to be on the club's website either.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I'd prefer White to be playing regularly. Nothing to do with him not being able to step up, just think he'd be better off with more game time than we're likely to afford him.

Given the suggestion is Burn will go on back on loan for the first half of the season, why not loan White to a Champ team until January, then get him involved in the first team set-up for the remainder of the season in preparation for next season. Obviously he wouldn't feature on match days much but i'm sure he'd benefit from training with the big boys.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I haven’t read the whole thread, so apologies for that, but I learn the pursuit of this player was apparently halted on Monday.

Did you learn when it was re-started? ???

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Given the suggestion is Burn will go on back on loan for the first half of the season, why not loan White to a Champ team until January, then get him involved in the first team set-up for the remainder of the season in preparation for next season. Obviously he wouldn't feature on match days much but i'm sure he'd benefit from training with the big boys.

If Burn has singed for us but is going back to Wigan until January, it would make more sense to keep White here for the first half of the season and loan him out to a Championship club (Wigan perhaps) in January when Burn returns here.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
If Burn has singed for us but is going back to Wigan until January, it would make more sense to keep White here for the first half of the season and loan him out to a Championship club (Wigan perhaps) in January when Burn returns here.

Absolutely. I was meaning, why not have White as 4th choice CB IF they're going out on loan for half the season.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So strange.
So he isn't the fourth CB as he won't be here until January.

If we stay up this year we're surely going to be looking at better players than this. And White will be a year older.

Very odd.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Still think it's a gamble to survive on 3 first team CB's until January, excluding White as he is nowhere near experienced enough to play for us in the Prem... Let's hope there's no injuries.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here