Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn - New Centre Back

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
must be official now :p

11:44
BREAKING NEWS

Brighton are close to signing Wigan defender Dan Burn in a deal worth up to £5m, Sky Sports News understands.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
On the plus side, Edna’s been filling me in on how to cope with him.
Running water not ice packs apparently.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Surely White will improve more by playing week in week out in the EFL than sitting on our bench?

Agreed he probably would but it would nice to see a pathway for our youngsters to get opportunities for the first-team football...even if its Cowboy (whatever name it is) Cup Football for 2-3 games.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Always knew we would bring in another CB. I honestly thought Reading would cave in and drop Moore's asking price.

Now they have a sulky player. A player who has history of forcing moves. Moore won't be happy one bit.

As for Burn i know nothing about him. Maybe he could be that old Leicester CB who scored loads and was stuck upfront to get vital goals. His name escapes me.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Reporter at training ground now saying Burn signing but going straight back to Wigan on loan.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Sky suggesting we will loan Burn back to Wigan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
SSN now saying about the loan back too. Although possibly only to Jan. Really odd.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Can you loan a player you've just purchased with a immediate recall option ? or is it a minimum January recall law now .

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
My only guess is we think we can cope for 4 1/2 months with Bruno/Bernardo/White as cover and the agreed fee represents his value with 6 months left on his contract as he's told Wigan he won't stay there?

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Reporter at training ground now saying Burn signing but going straight back to Wigan on loan.

can only guess its with a recall option in case of injuries ... kinda makes him a covering defender just getting regular football at a different club ... works for me as we do have some cover in others like Bruno short term (1 or 2 games) at least

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Would make more sense to sign him and get him training with our first team and send White there on loan?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
can only guess its with a recall option in case of injuries ... kinda makes him a covering defender just getting regular football at a different club ... works for me as we do have some cover in others like Bruno short term (1 or 2 games) at least

You can't recall until Jan 1st though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My Fulham supporting mate is pissing himself. He cant believe we would go anywhere near him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here