Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Somerset T20 Hove 14.30 start today .

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Another home defeat very odd performances at hove thus far , still in the hunt for a quarter final spot though , one more defeat possibly 2 and it’s curtains I would have thought .

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Highlights the need of a 6th bowling option so you can rotate out someone who’s having a bad day.

But with our batting failures, you can see why Rawlins is playing over another bowling option (Beer or Mills).

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think Wright bottled it and took the easy option with Wiese , he was having a shocker and Rawlings should of at least been tried for one over , if he got smashed then so be it but they had Wiese in their sights as the weak link from the off , i doubt any of their batters had ever of seen Rawlings bowl , a opportunity missed again , Wright must pull up his sleeves as well , basically tossing his wicket away early on looking to smash every ball for 6 is a bit magoo when we don't really have a long batting order , anyway happy sunday and on to the oval on thursday for another away win .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think Wright bottled it and took the easy option with Wiese , he was having a shocker and Rawlings should of at least been tried for one over , if he got smashed then so be it but they had Wiese in their sights as the weak link from the off , i doubt any of their batters had ever of seen Rawlings bowl , a opportunity missed again , Wright must pull up his sleeves as well , basically tossing his wicket away early on looking to smash every ball for 6 is a bit magoo when we don't really have a long batting order , anyway happy sunday and on to the oval on thursday for another away win .

Have it.

Jimmy Grimble

Wiese did not want that 4th over. Body language was awful and the game was lost there. A bad over but possibly worse captaincy to give it to him.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Wiese did not want that 4th over. Body language was awful and the game was lost there. A bad over but possibly worse captaincy to give it to him.

Completely agree awful captaincy , should of used Archer , Jordan then if required Wiese,
Was not impressed by Wright , his batting is not good , his captaincy is even worse

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was there this afternoon and was rueing the the 2 or 3 missed catches by Sussex that would have changed the match. So nearly almost. Obviously Sussex getting a few more runs would have helped.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
He was unlucky today. Caught hooking a ball well above his head.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He was unlucky today. Caught hooking a ball well above his head.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yes should have been a no ball

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

And bowl who? Rawlins? I wouldn’t be confident giving the ball to Rawlins. Wiese should have bowled the 20th over after Jordan and Archer to (in theory) create more pressure on the batsman by making it 15 or so from the last over.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On an unrelated note good to see Bruno & Family there. They were also out on the outfield with a plastic set of wickets, bat and ball and having fun. Also left to themselves to get on with it rather than constantly hassled for pictures.

I did notice how VERY skinny he is in the flesh, there is nothing to him!

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Completely agree awful captaincy , should of used Archer , Jordan then if required Wiese,
Was not impressed by Wright , his batting is not good , his captaincy is even worse[

Spot on!
The game was lost in the 18th over.
Should have bowled Archer then Jordan in the hope that we got another wicket or two stemmed the runs and put pressure back on Somerset.
That first ball Wiese bowled down the leg side for 6 was horrific.
If he had bowled the 20th over they might have needed 16+ and it could have worked in our favour.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On an unrelated note good to see Bruno & Family there. They were also out on the outfield with a plastic set of wickets, bat and ball and having fun. Also left to themselves to get on with it rather than constantly hassled for pictures.

I did notice how VERY skinny he is in the flesh, there is nothing to him!

Saw an article that mentioned his body fat was 5 point something percent - that's at the extreme (low) end even for elite athletes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here