Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] RIP Barry Chuckle

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I saw them on TV recently hosting a video out takes kind of show & thought they really weren't suitable for kids with their particular look.

Still it all makes a bit more sense finding out that they won Opportunity knocks in 1967, 51 years ago, the year I was born.

RIP

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
A particularly dated form of humour that seemed to transcend generations, such likeable guys. RIP Barry Chuckle. Old school clowns.

Met them when I was about 10 at the Hawth Theatre and remember being so nervous and star-struck. Did the to me, to you with a signed photo.

Actually feel a little moved today! Same age as my dad and lots of nostalgia flooding through from childhood.

I’m also hungover which must be a contributing factor but cannot deny we’ve lost a legend, a sad day.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My condolences to Gary Neville and the rest of the family.

Jul 7, 2003
RIP Barry. Some nice stuff on the BBC website about them including a tweet from David Walliams with a video of a skit they did with their other two brothers on 3-2-1 back in 1980.

When the kids were little, Mrs DCH and I used to fight to see who would draw the short straw to take the kids to some of the shows. However, when it came to the Chuckle Brothers, it was always a fight to see who would go as you knew that the show would be good and, in good old pantomime tradition, there would always be a few jokes for the adults in there.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Easily my favourite comedy duo of modern times. Very sad news. :(

Jul 7, 2003
Read today that ChuckleVision is the second longest-running British sitcom by episode count, accumulating a stonking 292 episodes between 1987 and 2009. Only Last Of The Summer Wine, which totalled 295 episodes, beats it. More facts at https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/chucklevision/special/chucklevision_facts/

Also, the pirate metal band Alestorm included the Chucklevision theme tune in their song Buckfast Powersmash

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hundreds lining the route to Rotherham's ground for the funeral today.

[tweet]1030423747784790016[/tweet]

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of my favourite Chucklevision gags:

'What time is it??'

'Dunno, pass me that trombone and I'll find out'

*blows trombone loudly*

Someone shouts 'WHO'S THAT PLAYING THE TROMBONE AT 2AM?!?'

:lolol: :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

'What time is it??'

*blows trombone loudly*

If that isn't comedy then I don't know what is.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

'What time is it??'

*blows trombone loudly*

I always thought that was a Ken Dodd gag (well that's where I first heard it :) ).

EDIT: Hang on KD used a DRUM. :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here