Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tom Watson has done it now

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I'm desperate to vote Labour but won't because Corbyn has already told the world he wouldn't press the button. You don't have to, it's a bluff that's how it works but he has shown he doesn't understand this.

So you won’t vote for him because he wouldn’t hypothetically push a button ushering in a nuclear holocaust? ??? So, it’s all about that big red button in some never going to happen scenario over; ending the Tory rail privatisation farce? Binning austerity? A national investment bank? Saving the NHS? A National Education Service: free education from cradle to grave? A sensible industrial strategy? Ending the systematic Tory abuse of disabled people?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Shame really, these are sideshows to the fact that we need a change of government and they won't actually be as bad as the right's 'project fear' (to borrow a phrase) is making out.

Equally, no-doubt there are anti-semitic elements in the Labour party but there is also a groundswell of islamophobia in the Tory party. One of these things is acceptable to the mainstream press and one isn't, of curse, but I think thats where the difference ends.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The Momentum bully boys will hunt him down

He is quoted as suggesting the Labour Party will disappear into a vortex of eternal shame and render itself unfit to lead over its well publicised ant semitism.

He also called for internal inquiries into Jewish Labour MPs Margaret Hodge and Ian Austin to be dropped.

I post this as a potential Labour voter should Corbyn and his momentum bullies crawl back under the skanky old rock from where they came.

Agree with this except I will never vote labour again. I was a voter of them then they got elected. Never again for me.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
So you won’t vote for him because he wouldn’t hypothetically push a button ushering in a nuclear holocaust? ??? So, it’s all about that big red button in some never going to happen scenario over; ending the Tory rail privatisation farce? Binning austerity? A national investment bank? Saving the NHS? A National Education Service: free education from cradle to grave? A sensible industrial strategy? Ending the systematic Tory abuse of disabled people?

Everything you mention is irrelevant if we are all dead.
The nuclear deterrent has worked the last 60 years so I don't want to lose it. Name a country with nuclear weapons that has been invaded? I want to see the world living in peace just like Corbyn but have the knowledge not to spend billions on weapons and then tell your enemies "don't worry we won't use them".

Lush

Mods' Pet
If Labour are genuinely ‘for the many not the few’ then that’s good enough for me. Corporate and individual greed at the expense of social responsibility is the biggest problem we face. Everything else is a side-show.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Corbyn isn't perfect, but he is the person who has been twice chosen by the membership to lead the Labour Party (both landslide victories). If the so-called 'Centrists' respected the membership AT ALL they'd stop their internal wrecking games and actually oppose the Tories.

The whole issues on anti semitism in Labour is certainly ugly. However, the most recent outrage comes from JC sharing a stage with a holocaust survivor who criticised Israel and compared their dehumanisation of Palestinians to that of the Nazis. It’s unreal in this day an age that anyone would call a holocaust survivor anti-Semitic. And that’s part of the problem, any time anyone criticises Israel their branded anti-Semitic.

Just this week the Israeli opposition leader said he fears Israel is becoming a fascist state (nation state law, academic repression, govt interference in arts & music, erosion of justice system). Many on UK political right would brand him an anti-Semite for raising these concerns!

This.

Media driven sensationalist political narratives should not determine the fate of our government. Seeing politicians frenzied reactions to this slant is demeaning, to them and us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How much money did Tom Watson take from Max Mosley ??? Hardly the voice of integrity

The Labour Party took the money on Tom Watson's behalf, as that is the only route that such donations can take and from the small amount of this matter I know, Moseley's support of Watson is largely due to their common interest in press regulation - something I thought many on the left were keen on given the supposed pro-Tory bias that exists, amongst other reasons.

Regardless this "whatabouterry" that you are engaging in, typifies many from your side of the political spectrum who seem completely unable to accept there may be a problem within the Labour Party and are prepared to have the big conversation about that. Fortunately there is a growing collection of people within the party who are prepared to have that discussion and are demonstrating some determination to make improvements where there is scope to do so.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
If Labour are genuinely ‘for the many not the few’ then that’s good enough for me. Corporate and individual greed at the expense of social responsibility is the biggest problem we face. Everything else is a side-show.

That might be true but good luck convincing the Jewish community.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
The nuclear deterrent has worked the last 60 years so I don't want to lose it. Name a country with nuclear weapons that has been invaded? I want to see the world living in peace just like Corbyn but have the knowledge not to spend billions on weapons and then tell your enemies "don't worry we won't use them".

Malaya
Kenya
Jebel Akhdar
Cyprus
Suez
Dhofar
Aden
Nigeria
Northern Ireland
Falklands
Gulf 1
Bosnia
Gulf 2
Kosovo
Sierra Leone
Afghanistan

We had nuclear weapons for all these bunfights.

The idea that someone would want to invade a radioactive wasteland of their own making is preposterous.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Malaya
Kenya
Jebel Akhdar
Cyprus
Suez
Dhofar
Aden
Nigeria
Northern Ireland
Falklands
Gulf 1
Bosnia
Gulf 2
Kosovo
Sierra Leone
Afghanistan

The idea that someone would want to invade a radioactive wasteland of their own making is preposterous.

Sorry,you've totally lost me.Which of those countries invaded Great Britain?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I do think Jezza is getting a bad press atm,but I thought you would all fight his corner.He looked great at Pride.

corbin and benalla.png

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Malaya
Kenya
Jebel Akhdar
Cyprus
Suez
Dhofar
Aden
Nigeria
Northern Ireland
Falklands
Gulf 1
Bosnia
Gulf 2
Kosovo
Sierra Leone
Afghanistan

Ridiculous.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

Jezza has got a better idea. Because cancelling Trident would cut a load of union jobs, How about we build a nuclear sub without nuclear weapons? Couldn't make it up.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35337432

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's not exactly difficult, is it.

They were all conflicts in which Britain went to war, had nuclear weapons and they were of no use.

You really are as thick as pig mess.The question asked was how many countries with nuclear weapons had been invaded and you come out with most of the conflicts Great Britain has been involved in since WW2.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

How is it irrelevant? Those are all everyday things that would improve the lives of millions in this country. Throwing that all away for some hypothetical event that will never happen is ridiculous. Nuclear weapons didn’t stop 9/11 nor the terrorist attacks in London so how are they are deterrent? It’s a complete waste of money. Corbyn’s goal of nuclear disarmament is a far more worth while goal that spending billions on a glorified dick measuring competition.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
The Momentum bully boys will hunt him down

He is quoted as suggesting the Labour Party will disappear into a vortex of eternal shame and render itself unfit to lead over its well publicised ant semitism.

He also called for internal inquiries into Jewish Labour MPs Margaret Hodge and Ian Austin to be dropped.

I post this as a potential Labour voter should Corbyn and his momentum bullies crawl back under the skanky old rock from where they came.

Utter bollox and you know it

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
How is it irrelevant? Those are all everyday things that would improve the lives of millions in this country. Throwing that all away for some hypothetical event that will never happen is ridiculous. Nuclear weapons didn’t stop 9/11 nor the terrorist attacks in London so how are they are deterrent? It’s a complete waste of money. Corbyn’s goal of nuclear disarmament is a far more worth while goal that spending billions on a glorified dick measuring competition.

So we get rid of nuclear weapons and Iran,Pakistan,North Korea,Israel,etc will all follow suit?:rotlf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here