Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tom Watson has done it now

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
You really are as thick as pig mess.The question asked was how many countries with nuclear weapons had been invaded and you come out with most of the conflicts Great Britain has been involved in since WW2.

OK, I'll make it simple with one example: THE FALKLANDS WERE INVADED.

What use were nuclear weapons there ?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

So you think the Falklands should have nuked Argentina?When did Argentina become a nuclear power?Did the Germans ship some of their A-bombs over on one of their special Nazi flying saucers?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
So we get rid of nuclear weapons and Iran,Pakistan,North Korea,Israel,etc will all follow suit?:rotlf:

Has to start somewhere :shrug: The majority of the world’s countries don’t have nuclear weapons and they seem to get along just fine.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So you think the Falklands should have nuked Argentina?When did Argentina become a nuclear power?Did the Germans ship some of their A-bombs over on one of their special Nazi flying saucers?

That wan't the question, you buffoon, the question was :

Name a country with nuclear weapons that has been invaded? .

An answer being, The Falkland Islands.

If you want more, then have a read about the 1999 Kashmir invasion (both sides with nuclear weapons).

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I would like to see the evidence that the Labour Party is any less or more Anti-Semetic than the general population. Recent events seems a less than subtle smear campaign orchestrated by the Tory supporting press and Anti-Corbyn/LFI members in the Labour Party. I think most people of capable reasoning will see this regardless of their feelings on Corbyn's suitability as leader.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour would be stupid to put in a long - term replacement now. They should bide their time until the autumn when Deal or No Deal will be sorted., then they should ditch Corbyn and have Tom Watson in as caretaker and let him change Labour's position to a Second Referendum. After that point they should bring in Starmer or Umunna.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Labour would be stupid to put in a long - term replacement now. They should bide their time until the autumn when Deal or No Deal will be sorted., then they should ditch Corbyn and have Tom Watson in as caretaker and let him change Labour's position to a Second Referendum. After that point they should bring in Starmer or Umunna.

Tom Watson and his traitorous cohorts won't even be in the Labour Party by then, they will be in their new Centrist party led by their messiah Chucka Immuna

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
How is it irrelevant? Those are all everyday things that would improve the lives of millions in this country. Throwing that all away for some hypothetical event that will never happen is ridiculous. Nuclear weapons didn’t stop 9/11 nor the terrorist attacks in London so how are they are deterrent? It’s a complete waste of money. Corbyn’s goal of nuclear disarmament is a far more worth while goal that spending billions on a glorified dick measuring competition.

Tell me how they are relevant if the nation has been totally destroyed?
Your examples of attacks on nuclear countries are by individuals and small groups not foreign govenments with massive firepower.
If you believe that no other country would ever want to invade us then you have to ignore all the history for the last thousand years. There have been so many wars in the last 60 years on this planet but nobody has said "I know let's invade Russia, America, France, China or GB." Yes there are countries that get by just fine but most of them have very strong alliances with a nuclear power. Alliances don't last forever though so it's a mistake to relay on them.
An imbalance in power if not in your favour is a massive gamble.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Has to start somewhere :shrug: The majority of the world’s countries don’t have nuclear weapons and they seem to get along just fine.

Don't know about the along just fine bit. Internal and external struggles almost all over the globe.

It would be great if nukes could be un-invented, but whilst aggressive adversaries of the free world have them or are working towards having them, a deterrent must be maintained.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That wan't the question, you buffoon, the question was :

An answer being, The Falkland Islands.

If you want more, then have a read about the 1999 Kashmir invasion (both sides with nuclear weapons).

Oh dear,you really are an innocent.Who do you think owns and paid for Pakistan's nuclear weapons?Saudi Arabia,because they can't have nuclear weapons on holy land and were worried to death about Shia'a Iran's nuclear ambitions.Don't tell anybody though,it's a secret.:wink:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Oh dear,you really are an innocent.Who do you think owns and paid for Pakistan's nuclear weapons?Saudi Arabia,because they can't have nuclear weapons on holy land and were worried to death about Shia'a Iran's nuclear ambitions.Don't tell anybody though,it's a secret.:wink:

And you really are a patronising ********. FYI India was the country invaded, has nuclear weapons and didn't use them.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And you really are a patronising ********. FYI India was the country invaded, has nuclear weapons and didn't use them.

India were not attacked with nukes,they were attacked by a bunch of fanatics trying to provoke a full scale war.But India has a professional military,and thought let's have a bit of practise,wipe out these amateurs,job's a good 'un,home for tiffin and polo by teatime.Absolutely no need for nukes,or to sink the Pakistan Navy.Sorry if I come across as patronising,the services can make people seem that way.:thumbsup:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The extent of anti-Semitism in the Labour Party, and just what the applied definition of it is, is largely unknown. I've personally never witnessed it from Labour supporters- although I am in no doubt it is present (so I don't need examples).

This will roll on and get deeper though. I suspect less because of the problem itself and more because the right wing press have a large bone.

It seems ironic that Corbyn, a dedicated campaigner against racism all his life, is being pilloried by a press for whom subtle racism is an ongoing pastime.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The Momentum bully boys will hunt him down

He is quoted as suggesting the Labour Party will disappear into a vortex of eternal shame and render itself unfit to lead over its well publicised ant semitism.

He also called for internal inquiries into Jewish Labour MPs Margaret Hodge and Ian Austin to be dropped.

I post this as a potential Labour voter should Corbyn and his momentum bullies crawl back under the skanky old rock from where they came.

Completely agree. Tories aren't great but Corbyn is a disaster. Really horrible nasty old school communist .

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think those in politics on the left need to take a very hard look at themselves and not blame the right wing press.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I reckon (and I could be well wide of the mark) that Corbyn is expecting Brexit to be a disaster and the country will be in the mire financially. This will cause such instability that the tories will implode and there will be a general election which Corbyn will win with a workable majority. His will then use his five years to implement a massive program of wealth redistribution and cancellation of Trident, with the justification that if the rich don't pay more then it'll be hospital closures and the like.
Personally I'd rather he acted like the Leader of the Opposition on Brexit and, despite "the will of the people", opposed it at every turn.

Corbyn is as pro Brexit as Rees-Mogg and Farage. He wants closer ties with Russia. Russia doesn't want a strong EU.
The Irish border question will help another of his aims of a united Ireland.

Corbyn wants to hand the Falklands 'back' to Argentina, despite Argentina never owning them in history.

The Tories are a big fat mess at the moment but so are Labour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here