Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Highlights on TV?

Thrasher

Mar 18, 2018
On the Boundary
Doesn't appear to available in HD on freeview.

But they have launched nched an app called QuestOD. I'm just off the check out whether it's available on a Roku.

It works on my phone.

So if wish to watch in HD and haven't got Sky HD, Virgin or Freesat download the app.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

cant change from 4:3 aspect ratio on my BT youview box :mad:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
cant change from 4:3 aspect ratio on my BT youview box :mad:

Yes, is a Discovery Channel. I know they a few odd things in transmission with older 4:3 stuff. It appears to confuse a few devices.

Their app isn't working now, and even the freeview app got confused. Started in 4:3 then flipped to 16:9.

If this is coming out of their main transmission in London (I don't know) they are undertaking a number of major changes there. Seems an odd time to launch a high profile service like this. There are closing the old school transmission centre (where I worked years ago) and moving all the channels to the cloud.

Working very well on Sky, although the picture was was breaking up across all platforms.

The BBC coverage wasn't perfect but Channel 5 and now quest have got nowhere near the professionalism.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The staffing you see on screen.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Quite the opposite. There have been changes in presentation driven by the broadcasters but otherwise the vast majority of the people who’ve worked on the show are freelance and move with the rights.

Those putting the show together remain largely the same, from a pool of experienced people who all work to a roughly equivalent standard. When different companies take over, the only full-time production staff involved on a daily level tend to be administrators.

So, unless you’re talking purely about transmission issues, it’s difficult to see how the show was more ‘professional’ on the BBC. The BBC didn’t make it and, apart from Manish, had no significant input on a weekly basis.

Their version had more editorial time to play with, no adverts, different graphics and a different studio but the fundamentals behind the scenes were very similar (bar 5’s short-lived, channel-driven initial attempt to reinvent the wheel).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sky launched a new Championship highlights show yesterday. It used to be a limited amount of time/goal footage and just 30 mins but has now been extended to an hour and goes out at Saturdays, 8pm.
Liam Rosenior , i think, is one of the regular pundits and was very good as you'd expect.
Its less footage than the Colin Murray version (just goals) so not exactly "highlights" but does the job.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Quite the opposite. There have been changes in presentation driven by the broadcasters but otherwise the vast majority of the people who’ve worked on the show are freelance and move with the rights.

Those putting the show together remain largely the same, from a pool of experienced people who all work to a roughly equivalent standard. When different companies take over, the only full-time production staff involved on a daily level tend to be administrators.

So, unless you’re talking purely about transmission issues, it’s difficult to see how the show was more ‘professional’ on the BBC. The BBC didn’t make it and, apart from Manish, had no significant input on a weekly basis.

Their version had more editorial time to play with, no adverts, different graphics and a different studio but the fundamentals behind the scenes were very similar (bar 5’s short-lived, channel-driven initial attempt to reinvent the wheel).

I liked it when it was on the BBC and thought Manish was a good presenter. It got worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here