Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Test Match

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Can anybody tell me why on earth game started on a Wednesday. A really great game and here we are Saturday when everyone is available to attend and will only be one session of play

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Corporate sponsorship

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can anybody tell me why on earth game started on a Wednesday. A really great game and here we are Saturday when everyone is available to attend and will only be one session of play
Something to do with fitting in the five tests, or so they said this morning. Does seem bonkers. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch it all (on TV) but many will have missed out on a fantastic game.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Scheduling.

Back to Back Tests and the required rest period between the two if the first went to the full 5 days, would mean that it wouldn't be possible to start the 2nd Test on Thursday it would need to bounce to Friday.

You could also blame Joe Root for getting run out in the first innings if he had stayed in then the Test may well have been lengthened to the end of Saturday or even into Sunday.

On the Plus side you can now go along to Hove on Sunday safe in the knowledge that you are not missing a close finish on the 5th Day of the Test

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Scheduling.

Back to Back Tests and the required rest period between the two if the first went to the full 5 days, would mean that it wouldn't be possible to start the 2nd Test on Thursday it would need to bounce to Friday.

You could also blame Joe Root for getting run out in the first innings if he had stayed in then the Test may well have been lengthened to the end of Saturday or even into Sunday.

On the Plus side you can now go along to Hove on Sunday safe in the knowledge that you are not missing a close finish on the 5th Day of the Test
It was YJB's fault actually. He ran Joe out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here