Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford v BHA - Premier League - SCORE PREDICTOR - Now in its 8th SEASON !!

Watford v BHA - Score Predictor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Last season I would have predicted 2-0 to Watford, but after our excellent transfer business this summer, and a season in the Premier under our belts, I''m going for 2-1 to us.

I also think we're going to finish in 10th place this season :rave:

Is there Poll on here for predicting where we're going to finish?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a single correct score out of the 43 i predicted last season so stay away from 1-2 :thumbsup:

What were the odds of that? Let's say that on average a game can end anything between 0-0 and 3-3 (some results are more likely, and some less, but 1-5 etc is extremely rare so let's ignore). So with 0-1 up to 3-2 etc, there are the following possible likely results:

0-0 1-0
0-1 1-1
0-2 1-2
0-3 1-3 etc - can't be arsed to fill full table: 16 possible results

So for each prediction you have on average a 1/16 chance of being right. For a 43 game season your odds improve to 43/16. This means you can expect to get 2-3 predictions correct over a season purely by chance. To get none correct by chance should only occur once every 2-3 years. Anything better reflects skill. Anything worse reflects stupidity. Let's se how you do this season eh? I would precict you are almost certain to get at least one point.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
First away win of the season, 0-2 Brighton

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What were the odds of that? Let's say that on average a game can end anything between 0-0 and 3-3 (some results are more likely, and some less, but 1-5 etc is extremely rare so let's ignore). So with 0-1 up to 3-2 etc, there are the following possible likely results:

0-0 1-0
0-1 1-1
0-2 1-2
0-3 1-3 etc - can't be arsed to fill full table: 16 possible results

So for each prediction you have on average a 1/16 chance of being right. For a 43 game season your odds improve to 43/16. This means you can expect to get 2-3 predictions correct over a season purely by chance. To get none correct by chance should only occur once every 2-3 years. Anything better reflects skill. Anything worse reflects stupidity. Let's se how you do this season eh? I would precict you are almost certain to get at least one point.

Thank's i reckon the stupid equation suits my reasoning perfectly , it's a bit of a enigma as i finished the season £875 up for a average bet lay out of £3. , admittedly £835 of that was won in the world cup :lolol:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Last time I predicted a correct score Bruno had hair on his head. Going for an optimistic 2:1 to the good guys.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Seeing as though I got the square root of **** all correct last season, I'm going to say don't put your money on 1-2.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm going with 1-1. I'm just not sure which side I'll pick as the Wheel win.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Thanks for doing this Steve. I've gone 0-0 - I think this year I may keep a record to try to work out whether I'm optimistic, pessimistic or realistic.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not a single correct score out of the 43 i predicted last season so stay away from 1-2 :thumbsup:

Think my results were the same.Used to do much better on the BBC prediction thread you ran.Also going for 1 - 2 Albion,as Deeney is bound to score.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any chance of a revamp ...say one point for getting the result right and two/three for the score? ..I'm useless at predicting the actual score :(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm not one who thinks Watford will go down. They has a lot of injuries last season and if they field their first XI can put out a very strong side. LIke Brighton they are not very successful at defending corners,

I am relying on Britos to give us the draw.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
0-0

We’ll spend the last 20 mins resolutely fending off an onslaught after 70 minutes of not converting chances into goals.

Any chance of a revamp ...say one point for getting the result right and two/three for the score? ..I'm useless at predicting the actual score :(

I have toyed with this but given that I am working even the current basic system can take an hour or more to update after a match - if a lot of people have correctly got the score right. When the Score Predictor started 8 seasons ago up to 100 pollsters placed a score. It can now be 400 or more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here