Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watford v BHA - Premier League - SCORE PREDICTOR - Now in its 8th SEASON !!

Watford v BHA - Score Predictor

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Last season I would have predicted 2-0 to Watford, but after our excellent transfer business this summer, and a season in the Premier under our belts, I''m going for 2-1 to us.

I also think we're going to finish in 10th place this season :rave:

Is there Poll on here for predicting where we're going to finish?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a single correct score out of the 43 i predicted last season so stay away from 1-2 :thumbsup:

What were the odds of that? Let's say that on average a game can end anything between 0-0 and 3-3 (some results are more likely, and some less, but 1-5 etc is extremely rare so let's ignore). So with 0-1 up to 3-2 etc, there are the following possible likely results:

0-0 1-0
0-1 1-1
0-2 1-2
0-3 1-3 etc - can't be arsed to fill full table: 16 possible results

So for each prediction you have on average a 1/16 chance of being right. For a 43 game season your odds improve to 43/16. This means you can expect to get 2-3 predictions correct over a season purely by chance. To get none correct by chance should only occur once every 2-3 years. Anything better reflects skill. Anything worse reflects stupidity. Let's se how you do this season eh? I would precict you are almost certain to get at least one point.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
First away win of the season, 0-2 Brighton

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What were the odds of that? Let's say that on average a game can end anything between 0-0 and 3-3 (some results are more likely, and some less, but 1-5 etc is extremely rare so let's ignore). So with 0-1 up to 3-2 etc, there are the following possible likely results:

0-0 1-0
0-1 1-1
0-2 1-2
0-3 1-3 etc - can't be arsed to fill full table: 16 possible results

So for each prediction you have on average a 1/16 chance of being right. For a 43 game season your odds improve to 43/16. This means you can expect to get 2-3 predictions correct over a season purely by chance. To get none correct by chance should only occur once every 2-3 years. Anything better reflects skill. Anything worse reflects stupidity. Let's se how you do this season eh? I would precict you are almost certain to get at least one point.

Thank's i reckon the stupid equation suits my reasoning perfectly , it's a bit of a enigma as i finished the season £875 up for a average bet lay out of £3. , admittedly £835 of that was won in the world cup :lolol:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Last time I predicted a correct score Bruno had hair on his head. Going for an optimistic 2:1 to the good guys.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Seeing as though I got the square root of **** all correct last season, I'm going to say don't put your money on 1-2.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Thanks for doing this Steve. I've gone 0-0 - I think this year I may keep a record to try to work out whether I'm optimistic, pessimistic or realistic.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not a single correct score out of the 43 i predicted last season so stay away from 1-2 :thumbsup:

Think my results were the same.Used to do much better on the BBC prediction thread you ran.Also going for 1 - 2 Albion,as Deeney is bound to score.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Any chance of a revamp ...say one point for getting the result right and two/three for the score? ..I'm useless at predicting the actual score :(

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm not one who thinks Watford will go down. They has a lot of injuries last season and if they field their first XI can put out a very strong side. LIke Brighton they are not very successful at defending corners,

I am relying on Britos to give us the draw.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
0-0

We’ll spend the last 20 mins resolutely fending off an onslaught after 70 minutes of not converting chances into goals.

Any chance of a revamp ...say one point for getting the result right and two/three for the score? ..I'm useless at predicting the actual score :(

I have toyed with this but given that I am working even the current basic system can take an hour or more to update after a match - if a lot of people have correctly got the score right. When the Score Predictor started 8 seasons ago up to 100 pollsters placed a score. It can now be 400 or more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here