Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Things to get upset about......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I wish I could emigrate.

I really want to move 12,000 mile so I can trawl through the BBC's website in the hope of finding something to get upset about, therefore validating my reason for leaving in the first place.

Hey, thanks fellow Albion fan! You seem to actually think I might be upset without seeing the irony, oh well, not my problem. But thanks for the compassion and understanding, that you have demonstrated on more politically correct threads in the past, for someone just trying to keep in contact with his roots and chatter from both his home town football club and his country of birth. You do yourself proud :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hey, thanks fellow Albion fan! You seem to actually think I might be upset without seeing the irony, oh well, not my problem. But thanks for the compassion and understanding, that you have demonstrated on more politically correct threads in the past, for someone just trying to keep in contact with his roots and chatter from both his home town football club and his country of birth. You do yourself proud :thumbsup:

You support York City?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There is a huge difference between gender and sexuality. Various advocate groups and the media seem to go out of the way to confuse rather than educate.

Confusion isn't helped by the seemingly endless drive by various campaign groups to "lump everyone" under the LGBTQ+ banner. As a Gay man I appreciate the struggles people with different Gender identity have, but I cant relate to them on a personal level. I don't know what most of it mean- Whats the difference between Gay and Queer let alone Gender fluid, non binary, transgender, which are l very different from gay, bi, lesbian. but in the general publics mind as they are all now grouped together confusion reigns.

Its important that gender issues are publicised and addressed, but personally I feel that the combining sexuality and gender together can be counter productive. Plenty of people have differing opinions than me, but a lot of my gay friends feel the same. It would be interesting to get a perspective from someone with a "differing gender identity"- hopefully someone will be brave enough to comment

Yeah, I'm glad you said that because as a straight man I don't feel I can comment - except to condemn prejudice and hatred. What IS the difference between Lesbian or Gay (the 'L' and the 'G') and someone who is 'Queer'? Also if you're a lesbian aren't you by definition also gay?

Please note I'm not saying this in an offensive or sneering manner, but as we're not part of the 'scene' some of us are having difficulty in keeping up - even though we want to.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sorry my mistake there's me thinking this was one of many many threads you've started 'poking fun' at certain aspects of England since you left.

My mistake.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yeah, I'm glad you said that because as a straight man I don't feel I can comment - except to condemn prejudice and hatred. What IS the difference between Lesbian or Gay (the 'L' and the 'G') and someone who is 'Queer'? Also if you're a lesbian aren't you by definition also gay?

Please note I'm not saying this in an offensive or sneering manner, but as we're not part of the 'scene' some of us are having difficulty in keeping up - even though we want to.

as a gay man of middling age, I don't know what the difference between gay and queer is-so god help the rest of you. Gay tends to be used for homosexual men- Lesbian for women, though not exclusively. Your post didn't come across as offensive or sneering- just inquisitive-which should be welcomed

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry my mistake there's me thinking this was one of many many threads you've started 'poking fun' at certain aspects of England since you left.

My mistake.

I do not poke fun at England per se at all. It is my country of birth, I am patriotic too, probably far too deeply for some. I will forever be a Brightonian and will always regard it as my true home. That does not mean that I agree with every individual on all topics, it does not mean that I am unable to see shortcomings in English traits, nor does it mean I blindly follow the English flag and its many bearers.

It does mean that I keep in touch (the BBC is the best news service in the world), it does mean that I follow results of the club I have followed since boyhood, it also means that I will still rip the pixx out of what I regard as ridiculous. If that offends a few people, then as Steven Fry said, 'so fxxking what'?.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

You seem to have an issue with me, I actually am at a loss to know why. If I recall correctly, about a year or so ago you reported a 'mild' comment that I posted as a reposte to one of your earlier comments on a thread (I think I called you an axxe) resulting in me being banned from said thread. Do I know you from an earlier life? Did I hit on your girlfriend years ago? Or something else? Right now I am interested, as of tomorrow I couldn't care less.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

To be honest, your suggestion that woody has started posting snide digs at mundane aspects of news stories, generally of the 'PC gone mad', Daily mail variety, only since he emigrated, is without foundation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wish I could emigrate.

I really want to move 12,000 mile so I can trawl through the BBC's website in the hope of finding something to get upset about, therefore validating my reason for leaving in the first place.

You don’t need to travel 12000 miles. I manage all of this from moving a mere 600 :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You seem to have an issue with me, I actually am at a loss to know why. If I recall correctly, about a year or so ago you reported a 'mild' comment that I posted as a reposte to one of your earlier comments on a thread (I think I called you an axxe) resulting in me being banned from said thread. Do I know you from an earlier life? Did I hit on your girlfriend years ago? Or something else? Right now I am interested, as of tomorrow I couldn't care less.

Sorry you have been mistaken, I have never reported anyone.
I suggest if you were removed from a thread, it was due to what you had written not me.

The only issue I have with your posting style is the snide digs at blighty from the moment you went to great lengths to say how happy your were to leave.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
More importantly, I wasn't aware that Bagpuss and the Clangers had been involved in a fatal shooting and were now on show. :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here