Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] John McGinn

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nowt to do with your passport it’s where you learned your footie, which is why we had to appeal to get Murray counted as a HGP (he spent time in USA I believe).

I accept that, but it doesn't make it right. What if diplomats son based in India for the first 13 years of his life and then back in England when he really learns the game at a decent level and with a decent club like ours. His initial learning was in India.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I accept that, but it doesn't make it right. What if diplomats son based in India for the first 13 years of his life and then back in England when he really learns the game at a decent level and with a decent club like ours. His initial learning was in India.

Indians are automatically excluded from the HGP regulations.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Have we ever been in for this guy?
Will put a few Celtic`s fan`s noses out of joint if he goes to Villa, had raid somewhere McGinn was only interested in signing for Celtic.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Have we ever been in for this guy?
Will put a few Celtic`s fan`s noses out of joint if he goes to Villa, had raid somewhere McGinn was only interested in signing for Celtic.

That was on some Celtic fan blog, so not exactly reliable, although he is a Celtic fan (allegedly)...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Pipped for McGinn by Villa, pipped for Tavernier by West Brom - what is it that draws Scots to second division football in the West Midlands over PL football in Sussex by the Sea?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pipped for McGinn by Villa, pipped for Tavernier by West Brom - what is it that draws Scots to second division football in the West Midlands over PL football in Sussex by the Sea?

The smell of haggis?

(or at lease in one case Bhaggis.

OK, I'll get my coat.)

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
19:36
BREAKING NEWS

Aston Villa have completed the signing of midfielder John McGinn from Hibernian for an undisclosed fee.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I hope that we do not move for Tavernier who, as a right full back, does well in an attacking sense ( good moving forward, crosses well and has a decent shot ) but is lacking quality as a defender - that is if he is not AWOL when a counter attack takes place. Let's say he divides opinion at Ibrox !

Sorry wrong thread meant to post on the Tavernier thread !

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Money?? VIlla rumoured to have offered him 30 grand a week in the Championship. After making significant losses in the last 2 seasons they're basically sticking two fingers up to FFP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here