Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Nantes Friendly (03.08.18)

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
In comparison with the rest of the squad, I would say we are weak in this area.

Is true.

Probably because everyone else is in the market for decent strikers, there are few about and the fees demanded are out of cautious league.

But only because of injuries.
We have 4 strikers for one position - it's just sods law that 3 have picked up injuries pre-season!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But only because of injuries.
We have 4 strikers for one position - it's just sods law that 3 have picked up injuries pre-season!

Exactly 4 strikers should be enough, just pray we don’t unload Hemed before the window closes.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Apparently Molde forward Leo Ostigard was at the game on Friday evening...

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on the quality really.

I trust the recruitment team and I think I’m in the minority in thinking Locadia will do just fine. Andone who knows but he has played at the top level in Spain so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until I’ve seen him play for us.

We have not been let down with the quality of player overall since the recruitment team was revamped, just very pissed off that we have three injured strikers a week before kick off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I trust the recruitment team and I think I’m in the minority in thinking Locadia will do just fine. Andone who knows but he has played at the top level in Spain so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt until I’ve seen him play for us.

We have not been let down with the quality of player overall since the recruitment team was revamped, just very pissed off that we have three injured strikers a week before kick off.

Re Locadia - surely the jury is out. Hasn’t proven anything either way.

Andone we know very little, but his goal scoring record isn’t really prolific.

Tomer, really like him, but not quite good enough.

Murray great but massive ask re carrying the workload.

Our recruitment team is very good, but we need to nail the forward issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Re Locadia - surely the jury is out. Hasn’t proven anything either way.

Andone we know very little, but his goal scoring record isn’t really prolific.

Tomer, really like him, but not quite good enough.

Murray great but massive ask re carrying the workload.

Our recruitment team is very good, but we need to nail the forward issue.

Quality post.

Locadia - we just don't know yet. He may prove to be up to it, he may not.

Andone - should be good enough, but in a very different league, only time will tell.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
How many are proven PL quality though. Murray only in my mind.

How many proven PL quality strikers do any clubs outside the top 6 sign? They are VERY expensive. Even Mo Salah before this season would not have been described as a proven premier league striker.
We have signed 2 strikers who have done very well overseas - hopefully they will do the same here.
Frustrating that Locadia got injured as he looked like one player that could have really done with a good pre-season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
How many proven PL quality strikers do any clubs outside the top 6 sign? They are VERY expensive. Even Mo Salah before this season would not have been described as a proven premier league striker.
We have signed 2 strikers who have done very well overseas - hopefully they will do the same here.
Frustrating that Locadia got injured as he looked like one player that could have really done with a good pre-season.

But there is value in other countries of a similar standard.

Salah was playing in Italy which is a similar standard, as is Germany. Holland is not re Locadia.

Personally, I would have busted the bank for Mitrovic.

We need to pay top bucks for top players, because it is a priority position for us.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
But there is value in other countries of a similar standard.

Salah was playing in Italy which is a similar standard, as is Germany. Holland is not re Locadia.

Personally, I would have busted the bank for Mitrovic.

We need to pay top bucks for top players, because it is a priority position for us.

Andone was scoring goals on Spain which is a similar standard.
Locadia may come good - just needs a period of games where he is fit - too early to write him off.
Think we were just unlucky with Mitrovic - he wanted to come to us last season but Newcastle wouldn't sell to a relegation rival. Went to Fulham and got bond with fans and manager - we were never going to be able to get him then (also think Fulham have overpaid given his PL record but he has potential to do well).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Andone was scoring goals on Spain which is a similar standard.
Locadia may come good - just needs a period of games where he is fit - too early to write him off.
Think we were just unlucky with Mitrovic - he wanted to come to us last season but Newcastle wouldn't sell to a relegation rival. Went to Fulham and got bond with fans and manager - we were never going to be able to get him then (also think Fulham have overpaid given his PL record but he has potential to do well).

We can only deal with the facts as they stand, Locadia has yet to prove himself, though limited time (I’m not writing him off either). Murray is another year older but will hopefully carry the load, Hemed not quite good enough. On that basis, we have one proven player.

Andone is the big one, remembering we were prepared to pay £17m and hopefully he’ll be more prolific than he was in Spain.

Mitrovic was unlucky for us, but I wish we’d tried (I don’t know that we didn’t).

As we both know this can go either way, you are apparently more optimistic than myself. [emoji2]

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Given the amount of time that Hemed spent significantly offside on Friday, I'd choose Locadia against any team pursuing a high press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here