Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rules of the game

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is now accepted practice for the kicker at the kick off to pass the ball back. The rule governing that and kicking the ball forward has been changed but has the rule stating that no man may be in the opponents half at kick off. I have never seen any reference to a change of that rule.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
It is now accepted practice for the kicker at the kick off to pass the ball back. The rule governing that and kicking the ball forward has been changed but has the rule stating that no man may be in the opponents half at kick off. I have never seen any reference to a change of that rule.

The kicker can be in the opponents half, as they are now allowed to kick the ball back. All other players have to be in their own half.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The kicker can be in the opponents half, as they are now allowed to kick the ball back. All other players have to be in their own half.

I realise that but where in the rules does it say the kicker may be in the opponents half. It must be written somewhere, that is all I am asking.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
And.....

When a defending player shields the ball to let it go out of play without touching it, why isn't that 'ungentlemanly conduct'?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
and it isn't a rule, it's a law as sanyone who sat on a county FA would know. Or perhaps not.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
But even to do that, his foot would have to cross the halfway line. It's a puzzler isn't it.

Would it though, his foot would not be in the opposing half until his heel was completely over the half way line, his foot being on top of the ball would not therefore be in the opposing half so could roll the ball back behind him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
:lolol: another classic

Is this what happens when you get old/retire and have CHUFF ALL else to worry about?

"Bit bored, love. I think I might start a RANDOM thread on NSC. Gotta keep the old post count up, you know..." :dunce:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
And.....

When a defending player shields the ball to let it go out of play without touching it, why isn't that 'ungentlemanly conduct'?

Because 'ungentlemanly conduct' was removed over 20 years ago...

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pedant alert

Laws not rules

I should get out more but we've been told to stay out of the hot sun

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It is fundamental change in the playing or rather starting of the game as played at every level and in every country so the Rules should have been changed not The Laws.
You'd argue in an empty room.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here