Votes: 82 62.1%
  • On a public road [or carpark]

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I don't have a car

Votes: 12 9.1%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

No. Down to Merkel and her excellent and cheap integrated transport policy. I have an s-bahn, u-bahn and 4 different tram lines on my door step as well as an excellent cycle lane network around the city (I cycle the 2k to work). Oh, and two tram stops and I’m connected to the regional and inter city trains. Rest of the time I get a taxi.

You should try integrated transport some time, it’s great.

Okay fair enough, I bet you park that bike firmly in Merkels bike rack.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Okay fair enough, I bet you park that bike firmly in Merkels bike rack.

Always.

As an aside I deliberately chose to live close to public transport as I hate driving.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We don't have a drive, and the front of the house is pedestrianised, so it's a free for all at the back. Most of the time we can park outside the back gate, but there's no guarantee.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't have a car but we have space for 3 off-road so better half and daughter park there and there is room for bf or bff or, at the moment, daughter's previous car that she is promising to sort out selling but is just sitting there quietly rusting at the moment!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only have one car in the household, but it hardly moves from street parking Mon-Fri as I commute to London and Mrs P has a 10 minute walk to work.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I have three cars so two on the drive and a low key bun fight for street parking.
Why does OP want to know the parking habits of users on NSC? Is it a slow news day? Do we need a poll? And of course the main question, can NSC users parking space play left back?
Whoah......sugar rush:mad:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Don’t have a car.

Wouldn't happen in Germany!

I have three cars so two on the drive and a low key bun fight for street parking.
Why does OP want to know the parking habits of users on NSC? Is it a slow news day? Do we need a poll? And of course the main question, can NSC users parking space play left back?

Private off road car space.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
On a side note, has anyone noticed that UK garages are far too small?

The ones built 50+ years ago I can understand as vehicles were slimmer back then... but why do they build new garages which barely allow an inch either side?!

Its something i'm aware of.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

It was a reaction to: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?365851-Parking-outside-your-home-is-a-privilege!.

It would not be a privilege for me to park outside my house as I park on my own drive [no room in the garage] - I was interested to know if the majority or NSC folk were the same as me, or whether I was in the minority. Turns out I'm in the 63% "club"

Apologies for not checking in with you first for approval before I post a poll, I'll try and remember for next time ....

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It was a reaction to: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?365851-Parking-outside-your-home-is-a-privilege!.

It would not be a privilege for me to park outside my house as I park on my own drive [no room in the garage] - I was interested to know if the majority or NSC folk were the same as me, or whether I was in the minority. Turns out I'm in the 63% "club"

Apologies for not checking in with you first for approval before I post a poll, I'll try and remember for next time ....

No need to check, you can run carte blanche with the polls......I've had my footie fix now, so I'm not so grumpy:)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I used to live in a terraced house with on-street parking only available. One night a black cab drove down the street with a rear door left open managed to cause about £450 damage to my car by scraping the whole drivers side - plus hitting about five other cars on the way. Fortunately somebody spotted the cab and the driver had to pay for the damage.

So never park on the road if you can park off road. Its way too easy for some idiot to break something - or some mindless vandal casually keying the paintwork.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to live in a terraced house with on-street parking only available. One night a black cab drove down the street with a rear door left open managed to cause about £450 damage to my car by scraping the whole drivers side - plus hitting about five other cars on the way. Fortunately somebody spotted the cab and the driver had to pay for the damage.

So never park on the road if you can park off road. Its way too easy for some idiot to break something - or some mindless vandal casually keying the paintwork.

A couple of youths keyed (deeply) 20 cars in a row, in broad daylight, down our road. Cars parked in driveways escaped unscathed.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
65% off road/driveway. Fecking hell. Have been in this site for 20 years almost but the middle classness of that result (to date) surprises me.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I rent a private space in the centre of Barcelona for my car. 130€ per month, there is an option to buy a space for €20k but I’m not sure if it’s worth it

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
On a side note, has anyone noticed that UK garages are far too small?

The ones built 50+ years ago I can understand as vehicles were slimmer back then... but why do they build new garages which barely allow an inch either side?!

Seems strange, although the trend for SUVs is fairly recent. I often wonder if you have one of these can you actually get it into the garage, and if you can is there then enough space to open the door and get out.

With the coming ability to park the vehicle by being outside the car by the use of a phone app will make this easier.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Two cars on my drive and my motorbike tucked away in the corner as well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here