Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Vaccum Cleaners

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Henry, or other numatic machine will last forever. Made in Britain too.

Henry’s are not designed for regular domestic use. Sure they are powerful and durable but have you tried manouvering the things around normal house dimensions? Useless. Get stuck on every corner, door, step. And they’re bloody heavy to move around. They are designed for cleaning school corridors, building sites ,offices and halls. Not houses.
We use G-tec which I like but the cheap plastic housing on them doesn’t inspire me much.

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Henry for me.. I have two and they are superb. need to keep the bag monitored and changed every couple of months but online they are only £3 for 6. Have had three Dysons and believe they are overpriced, over-hyped tosh. Each broke and progressively lost suction due to use and wear on seals.
I understand the GTec Air ram and the Shark cordless types are very good, and have used a GTec at my Mum's house. Very easy to manoevre but pricey at >£200.

no all in all for less than £100 it's a Henry for me.

TNBA

TTF

Henry would take up too much space unfortunately and is possibly more than I need, but have to ask why you have two?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Henry’s are not designed for regular domestic use. Sure they are powerful and durable but have you tried manouvering the things around normal house dimensions? Useless. Get stuck on every corner, door, step. And they’re bloody heavy to move around. They are designed for cleaning school corridors, building sites ,offices and halls. Not houses.

Yes, not only have I tried, I do it twice a week, I don't find it a problem, and it isn't heavy. I don't have a vast home, in fact if I plug it in in the hallway I can do the whole of my 3 bed terraced house, up and down, without changing where it is plugged in.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes, not only have I tried, I do it twice a week, I don't find it a problem, and it isn't heavy. I don't have a vast home, in fact if I plug it in in the hallway I can do the whole of my 3 bed terraced house, up and down, without changing where it is plugged in.

Try something else, then you'll notice the difference.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
sounds like what I'm looking for, but does it swallow

(I'm sorry ... :( )

Yes, it does swallow, it also does chaffinch and starling, and works wonders with wrens, but anything larger like wood pigeon tends to get stuck in the hose.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Sebo i own 5 and would not use anything else now

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Try something else, then you'll notice the difference.

Had a dyson, just kept the extending metal pole and fitted it on my Numatic as that was a useful innovation. The machine itself was crap, and I was pleased when it died. I have used other machines in various places when doing jobs at customers houses and I am quite happy with what what I have thanks, if Henry ever dies I will have a look at what else is available, but for the money, I doubt there is anything better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
cordless sounds good and there's no stairs so upright possibly

I use a Gtech AirRam Mk2.... find it more than adequate..light and good suction power..no trailing cables and a long charge plus small footprint as I haven’t a lot of storage spave ..as I have stairs I bought a refurbished Dyson dc6 to supplement it

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I use a Gtech AirRam Mk2.... find it more than adequate..light and good suction power..no trailing cables and a long charge plus small footprint as I haven’t a lot of storage spave ..as I have stairs I bought a refurbished Dyson dc6 to supplement it

Many thanks, I like the look of that one, reminds me of my mum's carpet sweeper back in the day :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We have a Dyson V6 which cost us €300 ish here.

Suction is great but battery is shite. From a full charge we get less than 10 minutes use!
Would never buy another.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
We have a Dyson V6 which cost us €300 ish here.

Suction is great but battery is shite. From a full charge we get less than 10 minutes use!
Would never buy another.

If you're technically minded, you could crack open the battery pack and replace the cells - as I recall they're flat top 26650s. There will deffo be a guide on YouTube.

Newer models have a significantly longer battery life from the get-go.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
My mate sold Vorwerk for a while - he reckoned if you had one long-term it would end up costing you more, as it actually made the carpet thin by sucking up all the fibres it was so powerful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here