Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
He's a defensive midfielder, mate. Goals are always a bonus but he was playing in a Pirlo-like role last season, and had some excellent performances.

Completely fictional and only the Mail :)ffsparr:) are reporting it. Everyone else is saying 80k/w.

He turned down that elsewhere I thought as it wasn't enough.. it will be around 100k I would have thought.
Wonder what his signing on is...

tonytowner

Apr 12, 2010
Rodwell an extremely talented player. Linked with everyone but ends up at Sunderland as those that know steer clear. He could have been brilliant & consolidated them in the Premier league.

As it happens he doesn’t play in their Championship relegation team . Was he injured? Couldn’t be bothered? They can get rid of him.

Good luck

el punal

I’ve heard lots about this kids attitude. Apparently a complete trouble maker and poison in he dressing room. The Bromley chairman told my mate this. Said he’d fit in well at the franchise as team spirit is at an all time low. Benteke gets it ripped out of him in training as his wages per goal last season were millions of £s! Apparently Cabaye ditched palace to move to a bigger club abroad because he’s never seen a dressing room like it. Throw in to this their star player is gutted they won’t let him move again, like he tried last year and it’s a pretty messy place. My mate who knows this insider said Meyer would be a disaster!

Oh, goody!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I cant believe he is being paid 170k a week, that's just made up surely, I think 100k a week is nearer the mark, its still a staggering amount of money though.

Completely fictional and only the Mail :)ffsparr:) are reporting it. Everyone else is saying 80k/w.

Nobody knows the exact figures, but it isn't 'complete fiction' and the Mail are NOT reporting that he is getting £170k in WAGES, are they? They just used that figure as clickbait.

What they've claimed, and is entirely plausible, is that the TOTAL cost to Palace of his wages (they won't be below the £120k you pay Benteke, or that you offered Zaha) plus his signing on fee, and agent's fees, comes to £35m, which spread across the 4 year contract, equates to £170k per week cost to your club. None of that is very difficult to understand, tbh.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
His salary’s rising all the time .

No palace person, about £195k per week. I really cannot stand you lot but deals like you will put us where we were in the dark days, thing is you wouldn’t survive.....

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Palace fans are now all experts on a player most of them had never heard of a couple of days ago.

To be fair the Bromley chairman has filled us in about him.

In all seriousness I had certainly heard of him. Knew he was meant to be a hot prospect a few years ago and that's about it.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Some quotes from Schalke fans:

“Can't quite remember the last time I said a 22-year-old player peaked at 17. He's impressed the last few weeks, but honestly can't remember the last time he made me stand up on my feet like he did back when Draxler, Farfan and Huntelaar were terrorizing defences.”
A downgrade? Deserved or not? Tell me. “deserved. Played mediocre or bad. Surprised he isn't 78 tbh^^”
“Schalke wont miss you. This guy thinks he deserves better than schalke and is switching clubs, probably downgrading or not getting into one at all. Seriously this guy would still suck if not for Tedesco.”

This one is my favourite:

Crystal Palace are in talks to sign German free agent Max Meyer.
“Haha his agent said, he is a worlclass player and can play for every topclub in europe.
*signs for palace*
Hilarious.”

:lol::lol::lol:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
He's a defensive midfielder, mate. Goals are always a bonus but he was playing in a Pirlo-like role last season, and had some excellent performances.

Agreed he did play a more defensive role last season, but he was always considered an attacking midfielder.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
Palace fans are now all experts on a player most of them had never heard of a couple of days ago.

Aaaah Boris, the big dog that started a thread on Wilf that has generated over 100 pages in under 2 weeks and then removed me for laughing at it. Very sensitive!

Now moving on to pass judgement on us signing a top player.

Look at any Palace forum and see if we have a single thread about any of your players or signings, other than Murray.

The inferiority complex that you lot have is remarkable.

Eagle88

Oct 15, 2012
I’ve heard lots about this kids attitude. Apparently a complete trouble maker and poison in he dressing room. The Bromley chairman told my mate this. Said he’d fit in well at the franchise as team spirit is at an all time low. Benteke gets it ripped out of him in training as his wages per goal last season were millions of £s! Apparently Cabaye ditched palace to move to a bigger club abroad because he’s never seen a dressing room like it. Throw in to this their star player is gutted they won’t let him move again, like he tried last year and it’s a pretty messy place. My mate who knows this insider said Meyer would be a disaster!

This is by a long long way the most bitter thing I've ever read on the internet. Honestly thank you!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here