Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Niki Maenpaa

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I wish him lots of luck. It'd be great to see him really get a chance in the Championship. He's a very decent keeper, who was very unlucky at times here.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He never let us down, but didn't really have the chance to. Am I right in thinking he only played in 1 league game for us? But kept a clean sheet as I recall, and then was straight back out of the team again.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Model professional and a tremendous keeper

Whoever signs NM is getting an absolute STEAL

Well to be fair, if he was 'tremendous' he would be our first team keeper!, but certainly seemed to be more tham competent in the few games he played for us, and has earned his chance to have a crack at being a number one for someone in the Championship.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Solid dependable keeper, the Bristol City fans will like him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Disagree vehemently. The Albion have always been overly blessed in the keeper department in recent years. NM is right up there with the best. DO keep up! :rolleyes:

On what evidence do you base your 'tremendous' assessment :shrug:

He seems a nice chap, and a model pro, but in terms of seeing him actually play - he kept one clean sheet, against a terrible Rotherham (they had 2 shots on target), and played a handful of cup games (including that shambles at Lincoln).

I hope he is a huge success, as he seems decent, and I like Bristol City, but I think you're getting a bit carried away...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On what evidence do you base your 'tremendous' assessment :shrug:

He seems a nice chap, and a model pro, but in terms of seeing him actually play - he kept one clean sheet, against a terrible Rotherham (they had 2 shots on target), and played a handful of cup games (including that shambles at Lincoln).

I hope he is a huge success, as he seems decent, and I like Bristol City, but I think you're getting a bit carried away...

When did NM ever let us down? All those nothing cup ties? Truly amazed at this ridiculous after-timer appraisal of the player. Only criticism I'd have of the player is his apparent lack of ambition and over-readiness to warm the bench for a couple of seasons now. Player should have been aiming far higher IMHO

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When did NM ever let us down? All those nothing cup ties? Truly amazed at this ridiculous after-timer appraisal of the player. Only criticism I'd have of the player is his apparent lack of ambition and over-readiness to warm the bench for a couple of seasons now. Player should have been aiming far higher IMHO

If you are discounting the 'nothing cup ties', then he made exactly TWO saves, in his entire three year Albion career!

Nobody is criticizing the guy. I'm just questioning your appraisal of his ability, based on very little evidence. He might be brilliant - my point is simply that we don't KNOW if he's very good or not.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Disagree vehemently. The Albion have always been overly blessed in the keeper department in recent years. NM is right up there with the best. DO keep up! :rolleyes:

Also a tad difficult to assess how 'tremendous' a player is until you have seen him play enough games!

Sorry, all these superlatives, 'tremendous', 'brilliant', 'fantastic', 'legendary', they are all bandied about far too frequently for me, it downgrades the term.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ridiculous after-timer downgrading appraisal of the player's abilities IMHO :shrug:

Better keeper than anybody on Liverpool's books for example. IMHO, like.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ridiculous after-timer downgrading appraisal of the player's abilities IMHO :shrug:

We'll leave you to it Tom. The only 'ridiculous' thing on this thread is that anyone (well, you specifically) feel they have enough evidence to actually make any appraisal of his abilities.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here