Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Niki Maenpaa

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He always looked solid and dependable, seemed to command his area well, physically imposing, and I don't remember too much in the way of any FLAPS. As mentioned though, he never really got a proper outing here so its difficult to come up with a genuinely informed opinion of the bloke. But he seemed a model pro, always ready when needed and never grizzled about his lack of opportunity (at least not publically).

Be interesting to see how he gets on at City. They're 40/1 with the bookies, so certainly not expected to pull up any trees, but I'll keep an eye on their results if NM gets the No1 shirt.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Shitheads played some really good football on the few occasions I caught them last year. They'll miss Bobby ReidI reckon. Best of luck to Nikki though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We'll leave you to it Tom. The only 'ridiculous' thing on this thread is that anyone (well, you specifically) feel they have enough evidence to actually make any appraisal of his abilities.

Only adverse comment I'd have of the player was that he seemed overly-content to be a bench-warmer for us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Shitheads played some really good football on the few occasions I caught them last year. They'll miss Bobby ReidI reckon. Best of luck to Nikki though.

Yeah your right, they will miss Aiden Flint too. Can't see them challenging in the way they did last season but willing to be proved wrong. Good luck to Niki though.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Goalkeepers are a unique breed as opportunities are rare, Goalkeepers tend to form a union in which the idea is that they are constantly pushing the first choice at the same time as encouraging them and are ready to step in at short notice. Is he guaranteed first choice at Bristol City? I think I remember Frank Fielding being their no.1

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Goalkeepers are a unique breed as opportunities are rare, Goalkeepers tend to form a union in which the idea is that they are constantly pushing the first choice at the same time as encouraging them and are ready to step in at short notice. Is he guaranteed first choice at Bristol City? I think I remember Frank Fielding being their no.1

He was their number one, but isn't any longer. As l understand it they are trying to offload him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good luck Niki. I'd like to see Bristol City do well next season, they've been away from the top flight even longer than we were.

Leveller

Aug 1, 2018
He was their number one, but isn't any longer. As l understand it they are trying to offload him.

There were rumours
that FF wanted a move back to Lancashire (maybe Blackburn). However he has now got an injury that will keep him out for 3 months so he is unlikely to move. In the meantime we released Steele who has now signed for Forest. That only left us with a couple of youngsters who are/were likely to go back out on loan, while failed in the pursuit of several more experienced keepers. Maenpaa is seen as a solid option though may not remain No 1. Lee Johnson has said we will not be making a marquee signing (John Ruddy being one rumour consequently quashed).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Just made an horrific Horlicks playing for Venezia in Serie A. Dawdling playing out, robbed for a tap in. 1-0 Sampdoria.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here