Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Inigo Calderon signs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1. An ambassador to the club.
2. AITC
3. An involvement with the reserve squads, in some capacity.
4. He has a Spanish brain for Spanish football, must be worth using that talent.

Need I go on?

my point is all of those vacancies,if they exist, would also be suitable for Bruno and we cannot accommodate every player who happened to be a fans favourite.

On your points
1. Not very lucrative if his family are now in Spain.
2. Possible
3. What would happen to Liam Rosenior?
4. How is that better than an English players brain for an English league.? Given a choice on that position I would go for Bruno,

Need I go on?

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
my point is all of those vacancies,if they exist, would also be suitable for Bruno and we cannot accommodate every player who happened to be a fans favourite.

On your points
1. Not very lucrative if his family are now in Spain - he's playing in India, so what would be the difference, whether he's at the Albion in the UK!
2. Possible
3. What would happen to Liam Rosenior? - work together!
4. How is that better than an English players brain for an English league.? - bringing that Spanish influence to the game: AKA Pep at Citeh!

Need I go on? - Do you want me to!
:thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

On your points
2. Possible
4. How is that better than an English players brain for an English league.?

Need I go on?

Just because his family are back in Spain, it doesn't follow they won't come back here. Their children were born here, for a start.

You seem to be of the opinion that there are no vacancies available at present, and that if there are, one should go to Bruno first - as if he and Calde would automatically do the same job. Or that Rosenior would be turfed out, as if he is occupying the only role on offer.

Can you offer first-hand, peer-tested evidence as to why you would choose Bruno over Calde (or Calde over Bruno for that matter) - assuming that they are only allowed to go after the same job?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

1 I think the wage would be considerably different and a lot less being an ambassador for us and probably not enough for his family to live in Spain and him in England even if he wated to unless he did as Mark Lawrension did playing in Malta flew in for the games and out the same day.
3, Liam Rosenior is already assisting Simon Rusk (manager) Shannon Ruth (ast Manager) how many coaches do they need.
4. Pep Guadiola is unique and is a 1 off there are many Spaniards who havent made their mark on our game. So I think that it is wrong to use him as an example for everybody.

I do not see that we have any vacancy and if we did IMHO he would be behind Bruno in the queue who everybody connected to the club CH included, and indeed many in football in general put up as the perfect professional and example to young players.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
1 I think the wage would be considerably different and a lot less being an ambassador for us and probably not enough for his family to live in Spain and him in England even if he wated to unless he did as Mark Lawrension did playing in Malta flew in for the games and out the same day. -surely that would be his decision!
3, Liam Rosenior is already assisting Simon Rusk (manager) Shannon Ruth (ast Manager) how many coaches do they need - he can provide that extra experience, if needed.
4. Pep Guadiola is unique and is a 1 off there are many Spaniards who havent made their mark on our game. So I think that it is wrong to use him as an example for everybody.- but positively speaking, there are many Spaniards who have influenced our game, I quote: Nayim, Albert Ferrer, Marcelino, David Silva, Cesc Fabregas, Santi Cazorla, David De Gea, Diego Costa.......

I do not see that we have any vacancy and if we did he would be behind Bruno in the queue - only TB & Co know![/QUOTE]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The players mentioned are or were good players but as we all know good players do not always make good managers and players in fact the two Mourinhio and Wenger were never good players. but excellent managers. We all have our own ideas and unless brown nosing the hierarchy of the club, as per some on here, would not have any idea of their plans.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I do not see that we have any vacancy and if we did IMHO he would be behind Bruno in the queue who everybody connected to the club CH included, and indeed many in football in general put up as the perfect professional and example to young players.

Would that not depend on what the theoretical job actually entailed!?

Calderon and Bruno don't share the exact same skillset, just because they are both Spanish (sort of) and both played right back!

One, for example, has a degree in Sports Psychology.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Would that not depend on what the theoretical job actually entailed!?

Calderon and Bruno don't share the exact same skillset, just because they are both Spanish (sort of) and both played right back!

One, for example, has a degree in Sports Psychology.

He could always work behind the counter at Dicks Bar, on match days, as the guest bar person.
Whilst waiting for that pint of Harvey's or Strongbow Dark fruit cider :)sick:), you could converse with him about football :cool:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You have no idea whether we have a vacancy for either or both of them.

And you still haven't stated why Calde would be behind Bruno for any given job (all you've said is that one is a 'perfect professional' effectively dismissing the other as not being so), nor indeed why they should only be considered for the same job.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It doesnt take a brain to realise that we do not have the facility to take on every player when they retire and based on their playing ability and longevity I would expect Bruno to be ahead of Calderon but that is not to say either wants a job at the club when they retire.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It doesnt take a brain to realise that we do not have the facility to take on every player when they retire and based on their playing ability and longevity I would expect Bruno to be ahead of Calderon but that is not to say either wants a job at the club when they retire.

That's totally avoiding the question I was asking.

All you've done is re-iterate that Bruno ought to be ahead of Calderon, but won't say why, apart from the irrelevant reason that he - in your opinion - is a better player than Calde.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's totally avoiding the question I was asking.

All you've done is re-iterate that Bruno ought to be ahead of Calderon, but won't say why, apart from the irrelevant reason that he - in your opinion - is a better player than Calde.

Nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Bruno was/is a far better player but more to do with the manner that he conducts himself as club captain and the respect that he commands as a model pro and the way CH talks about him.Popularity with fans and radio stations has no baring on the subject whatsoever unless he is going to just become a club ambassador. and meet the public. I was talking more on the coaching management side of the club.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

How would you say their relevant qualifications compared ?

Given their similar playing records and legend status with the club giving little to choose between them, I’d at least consider a Masters in Sports Psychology, a Sports Science Degree and a UEFA A Coaching Licence (plus experience as an Albion Scout) as influencing factors when considering who might be just be ahead...........

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Given their similar playing records and legend status with the club giving little to choose between them, I’d at least consider a Masters in Sports Psychology, a Sports Science Degree and a UEFA A Coaching Licence (plus experience as an Albion Scout) as influencing factors when considering who might be just be ahead...........

Surely it goes on whose got the biggest..................................................

Beard:cool:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

:thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

On your points
2. Possible
4. How is that better than an English players brain for an English league.? Given a choice on that position I would go for Bruno,

Need I go on?

If only you didn't :moo:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that Bruno was/is a far better player but more to do with the manner that he conducts himself as club captain and the respect that he commands as a model pro and the way CH talks about him.

Are you basically saying Calderon didn't conduct himself as a model professional while at Brighton? I guess you're alone on that score if you are.

Popularity with fans and radio stations has no baring on the subject whatsoever unless he is going to just become a club ambassador. and meet the public. I was talking more on the coaching management side of the club.

Well, if - as you believe - how a player conducts themselves while playing has no bearing on management (not totally true, but let's not get bogged down), can you let us know what Bruno's coaching and psychological life skills qualifications - and experience - are in comparison to Calderon's? Thanks.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can anybody say what qualifications Bruno has if any. Where did Calde gain his qualifications was it in England or Spain not that it makes any difference just asking out of interest .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here