Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris O'Grady on the move again

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I never tend to feel TOO sorry for millionaire footballers though. Especially ones who have made their money while not actually being very good at playing football.

As I said, fair play to him, but he really has lucked out in his career compared to some.
Exactly. Financially he'll have done OK -probably earns a lot more than most of us do! Just in those two years he was contracted to us, say he was on ten grand a week (a fair guess for a championship striker's wages?) that's a million quid (less tax, obviously). Still more than I'll earn in a lifetime!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Exactly. Financially he'll have done OK -probably earns a lot more than most of us do! Just in those two years he was contracted to us, say he was on ten grand a week (a fair guess for a championship striker's wages?) that's a million quid (less tax, obviously). Still more than I'll earn in a lifetime!

Yeah he was on £500k. Think it was 3 years wasn't it? I know that when we narrowly missed out on promotion he was gutted because he'd have doubled his money for the final year despite being out on loan!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I saw Chris O'Grady score against Arsenal in front of the North Stand, That makes him a good striker in my eyes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah he was on £500k. Think it was 3 years wasn't it? I know that when we narrowly missed out on promotion he was gutted because he'd have doubled his money for the final year despite being out on loan!
He'd have got his promotion bonus though. :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He had a three year contract, but we sold him on after two - I'm sure he'd have got a bit of compensation for that third year though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm confused. [emoji848]

Didn't his contract with the Albion finally end 12 months ago?

If not my apologies for my wrongness.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Didn't his contract with the Albion finally end 12 months ago?

If not my apologies for my wrongness.
Not sure but I think we'd got him off the books before promotion. He would have copped for £1m in our final Championship season if we'd beaten Boro and been in the PL though. That's all I know for FACT. [emoji23]

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
He wasn't quite up to standard but that Summer/first part of the season was so horrible. The football we were playing was MUCKY. Can't believe that was only 4 years ago. Ulloa leaving was just huge for that team.

Some stats to make you go cold.

Kemy Agustein played some minutes
Sam Baldock 22 games 4 goals
O Grady played 33 times (3 goals)
CMS 34 games 3 goals
Leon Best 13 games 0 goals
JFC got 33 games
Danny Holla 27 games
Gardner 20 games - 700 shots
Rohan in 38 games (OH MY GOD)
Greg Halford 20 games
Lewis Dunk was our top scorer.

Uh. I feel dirty.

NASA complaining of increased debris in space

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

theboybilly

He wasn't quite up to standard but that Summer/first part of the season was so horrible. The football we were playing was MUCKY. Can't believe that was only 4 years ago. Ulloa leaving was just huge for that team.

Some stats to make you go cold.

Kemy Agustein played some minutes
Sam Baldock 22 games 4 goals
O Grady played 33 times (3 goals)
CMS 34 games 3 goals
Leon Best 13 games 0 goals
JFC got 33 games
Danny Holla 27 games
Gardner 20 games - 700 shots
Rohan in 38 games (OH MY GOD)
Greg Halford 20 games
Lewis Dunk was our top scorer.

Uh. I feel dirty.

What about Fenelon, Chicksen and Toko? Blimey...I remember thinking we had turned things around after winning 2 games in succession in September

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
3������

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here