Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk doesn't travel with squad to France as he needs 'rest'

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
He's played 3 games in a week and is due to play again on Friday and we have other central defenders that need game time. Why would you take him on two flights to sit on the bench?
Surely it's not that hard to work out.

Did he play in 3 last week? I thought he’d only played in 2: Charlton and Brum. Have I missed one?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
about this time every year ( for last few years ) he signs a new four or five year contract
I'll hazard a guess that's how the club keeps it's top earners at the top without inserting a 'Darren Anderton' clause.
A 'top earner' clause that bit Spurs on the arse and nearly made Alan Sugar's head explode.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We are pursueing other centre backs, our spending and selling is not yet over, Dunk could well go to a top six team, its probably a done deal.

Sauce!? Or just utter bollox? I’m going with the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We are pursueing other centre backs, our spending and selling is not yet over, Dunk could well go to a top six team, its probably a done deal.
If there was a chance of Dunk leaving, why the hell would we also let Goldson go, instead of letting him fight for his place here?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No point in falling for the 'being rested' spin.

It's highly suspicious.

Whether he goes or ends up with a new contract, time will tell.

Doubt he'll play against Nantes either.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Quite a few of our players have been nursed through parts of preseason probably due to the toll on the body of high intensity fitness training. If Dunk has any type of strain at all he will be spared two flights when the more important game is on the Friday.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
If there was a chance of Dunk leaving, why the hell would we also let Goldson go, instead of letting him fight for his place here?

This is exactly right. If they thought there was a serious chance Dunk would leave, no way would they have sold Goldson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here