Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League shirt sponsorship values 2018/19

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Have you guys looked into the rates that local councils are charging poor old William Hill etc? CAN YOU BELIEVE THE HUMANITY OF IT? They are forcing the bookies to make less profit, and therefore stealing money from poor, innocent, idiotic gamblers. Pushing them into crippling debt etc. etc.

The council should be ashamed.

I think that's how it goes, right guys? Guys?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Chevrolet having another blinding year having sold 28 (Twenty Eight) cars in the UK in the last 6 months. Presumably all to Mancs.

They actually stopped direct sales in the UK a few years ago didn't they? So those 28 must be weird ******** buying them for import. Begs the question as to why you'd bother sponsoring an English team when you don't even sell your product in England. I suppose ManU must have a lot of viewers overseas though.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I am very much opposed to betting companies being able to advertise period. Let alone being able to advertise in avenues that may or may not influence youngsters into betting. I am very much opposed to Palace having a betting company as a sponsor, but I cannot do anything about it.
I just had to laugh at the hypocrisy of people mentioning about gambling companies when your beloved leader has made millions out of it. Those millions would have come from poor sods losing it.

Do you think they got nothing in return?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Maybe it adds to the enjoyment of watching the sport?

Bit of a poor argument is it not. Some people do enjoy the odd flutter, unfortunately many more lose money they can ill afford to. It's a bit like saying drug addicts get enjoyment out of a high.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Bit of a poor argument is it not. Some people do enjoy the odd flutter, unfortunately many more lose money they can ill afford to. It's a bit like saying drug addicts get enjoyment out of a high.

That is a very poor argument. We are not talking about addicts we are talking about gamblers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
£1.5m seems a trivial amount in Premier League terms. Such a small figure in fact that if I were Tony Bloom I’d consider forego it and have either a sponsor-free shirt, or gift the shirt front to a charity.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
That is a very poor argument. We are not talking about addicts we are talking about gamblers.

Bookmakers make billions. That's not coming from £5/£10 football bets. It's coming from those who cannot control it and sink every last penny into it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It is also coming from people who are placing £5/£10 football bets.
I'd leave it mate. This dickhead isn't even supposed to be posting on non Palace threads but he's decided he's a hard man/keyboard knobhead recently. Not that anyone would say it to his face (yes, everyone would actually). He will, undoubtedly, have to have the last word.

Even though he's wrong. Even though he's posting on a Brighton forum. Even though he should surely have something better to do. Even when he's totally lost the argument. He WILL still reply. With more nonsense.

Best to ignore as I'm doing with his ignorant, insulting crap tonight.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'd leave it mate. This dickhead isn't even supposed to be posting on non Palace threads but he's decided he's a hard man/keyboard knobhead recently. Not that anyone would say it to his face (yes, everyone would actually). He will, undoubtedly, have to have the last word.

Even though he's wrong. Even though he's posting on a Brighton forum. Even though he should surely have something better to do. Even when he's totally lost the argument. He WILL still reply. With more nonsense.

Best to ignore as I'm doing with his ignorant, insulting crap tonight.
I know your right, I'm sure everyone else is bored of it. It's just they do it on the BBS and it just twists things, but I will leave it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely. Palace fans do this all the time. They say because he made money from Premierbet and Tribecca tables etc he is one of those people who are exploiting punters weaknesses and vulnerabilities. They do it all the time on the BBS.

I'm sure Pigswill and Mr Shouldbe-Putdown have already gone scuttling back to the BBS bragging about how they 'owned' NSC :smokin::smokin:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Bingo, thank you for making my point.

It’s indirect, but that’s where it originate from.

Wtf is anyone is arguing this point?

That means you have been involved indirectly. If you've ever paid tax which is given out in the form of benefits which has been used to grow a gambling habit. Your behaviour is disgusting!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Tony Bloom stiffs Ladbrokes for a million quid because he spots something in their pricing where he thinks they’ve got it slightly wrong, and as a result 2000 kids on a council estate in Middlesbrough go hungry...........

Cant see anything wrong with that, would be better if it was a council estate in Croydon though

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Yes, yes it is.

They don't give that money to charity you utter cretin.

Okay I concede that people only bet to make watching sport more enjoyable.
Tony Bloom has never made a penny from a gambler in his life and has only ever made money from the bookmakers.
Gambling sponsors in football=bad, betting companies=good.
The earth is flat.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Okay I concede that people only bet to make watching sport more enjoyable.
Tony Bloom has never made a penny from a gambler in his life and has only ever made money from the bookmakers.
Gambling sponsors in football=bad, betting companies=good.
The earth is flat.

I could give a toss about the other arguments you're having with people re Bloom and his money and ethics.

My argument is that you essentially said that people who make small bets don't contribute to the billions made by the gambling industry. Which is just false.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I could give a toss about the other arguments you're having with people re Bloom and his money and ethics.

My argument is that you essentially said that people who make small bets don't contribute to the billions made by the gambling industry. Which is just false.

No I never. But do carry on, oh enlightened one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here