Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League shirt sponsorship values 2018/19

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Ok, it's not a money-spinner, but it's neat and tidy, matches the stadium and is a company with ties to the local community.

I would hope when it comes to renewal we could justify a better deal given the increase in brand exposure from when the deal first started, but overall I'm really happy with AMEX as a sponsor and would hate to see it change to something tacky just for some extra cash.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’m dubious about the figures TBH. Given it’s tied in with stadium naming rights perhaps the figures are distorted?

You may well have a point.

When the Albion’s 2017/18 accounts are filed in a few months, disclosed total commercial income (which will include all sponsors), and its change on 2016/17 might give an indication.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Ok, it's not a money-spinner, but it's neat and tidy, matches the stadium and is a company with ties to the local community.

I would hope when it comes to renewal we could justify a better deal given the increase in brand exposure from when the deal first started, but overall I'm really happy with AMEX as a sponsor and would hate to see it change to something tacky just for some extra cash.

Don't fancy some Man Bet action, Dan?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m dubious about the figures TBH. Given it’s tied in with stadium naming rights perhaps the figures are distorted?

That's why I mentioned the x number of years. When Amex took over from Brighton & Hove Jobs, I got the impression it was a 5 year deal (or similar) so that's why it could appear on the low side

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Most gambling companies deal in hoovering up money from the poor and stupid. If you know anything about what Bloom does then you'd get that it's totally and completely different. Probably difficult for you to grasp though, or maybe it was just another cheap and incorrect shot.

To be fair, Bloom had a gambling company just like that - Premier Bet which he later sold.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To be fair, Bloom had a gambling company just like that - Premier Bet which he later sold.
I know. But that's not relevant to one of our Palace chums trying to insinuate that that is how he makes his money now, or how he funded his investment in the club.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I suppose you'd need to pay 47m to convince a team to put that hideous Chevrolet logo on the fronts of their shirts.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I know. But that's not relevant to one of our Palace chums trying to insinuate that that is how he makes his money now, or how he funded his investment in the club.

Get back in the hole. All this indignancy about betting companies is somewhat hypocritical. I never said how he makes his money now, the fact is he had exactly the same sort of company. He made money from that company and no doubt some of that money went into funding BHA. To try and takes the upper hand here shows a level of delusion that only someone stupid......actually I forgot whom I was interacting with.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Most gambling companies deal in hoovering up money from the poor and stupid. If you know anything about what Bloom does then you'd get that it's totally and completely different. Probably difficult for you to grasp though, or maybe it was just another cheap and incorrect shot.

Joking apart, can you explain how any business model based around gambling can succeed without “hoovering up money from the poor and stupid”?

I’d love to know how anyone can profit from gambling without taking money from the “poor and stupid”.

Where exactly do you think his gambling based profits come from then?

Rich and intelligent people? :D

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Some of Starlizards customers bet millions on ONE game of football.
High level Betting is a science.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Joking apart, can you explain how any business model based around gambling can succeed without “hoovering up money from the poor and stupid”?

I’d love to know how anyone can profit from gambling without taking money from the “poor and stupid”.

Yes, exactly them. I believe you have to put a minimum of £2million (whilst accepting you may lose all of it from a risk tolerance perspective) with Starlizard to be a client, so it’s fairly safe to say none if his customers are poor, and unlikely that many are stupid.

His revenue is likely to be a mixture of fees, including performance fees (so the better he does for his clients, the more money he makes). It very similar to fund management, but he’s researching sports and likely outcomes rather than companies and financial performance.

Try google if you want to learn a bit more, there are articles out there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I would rather we had Amex and not some gambling company. I'm glad that Bloom would not be involved in anything as distasteful as that.
We?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What about loan companies and credit card ones? Where do you draw the line ? I don't have a problem with it
The grubby quick loan companies are far worse, and those I do have a problem with. I don't really have a problem with the gambling companies, but I imagine it would be better for our society if their adverts were restricted more.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

You've answered your own question. Yes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tobacco companies rightly got squeezed out. Similarly, gambling destroys lives and families.
Gambling can destroy lives, but many people do (sorry to use the phrase) gamble responsibly. Much like alcohol can destroy lives, but many of us can enjoy a drink without it being a problem. I don't think the same is true of tobacco - that's always bad.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Yes, exactly them. I believe you have to put a minimum of £2million (whilst accepting you may lose all of it from a risk tolerance perspective) with Starlizard to be a client, so it’s fairly safe to say none if his customers are poor, and unlikely that many are stupid.

His revenue is likely to be a mixture of fees, including performance fees (so the better he does for his clients, the more money he makes). It very similar to fund management, but he’s researching sports and likely outcomes rather than companies and financial performance.

Try google if you want to learn a bit more, there are articles out there.

It’s not me that needs to google if I want to learn a bit more, it’s you.

Are you honestly suggesting that both his company’s profits and those of his high spending clients aren’t made on the back of those who bet and are either poor or stupid?

So you tell me how Bloom and his customers make money out of gambling if the poor and ignorant don’t place bets?

I’m all ears.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here