Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] vydra Move collapses

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
This for me sums up today's modern day football approach ..or is it purely a money grabbing ****

VYDRA MOVE COLLAPSES

Sky Sports News understands Matej Vydra’s £11m move to Leeds from Derby has collapsed because personal terms could not be agreed.

Vydra has ambitions to play in the Premier League, and we’ve been told he had concerns about moving to a club in the Championship that finished below Derby last season.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
But if his ambition is to play in the Premier League, wouldn't you think Derby are a better prospect than Leeds? Obviously, it's Derby's way to fall apart in the end of the season, but I would think he's made the right decision and isn't a money grabbing whore in this case. If he had gone there because they were paying him even more than Derby are over-paying him, fair enough. But is that the case?

Leeds have done some shrewd business so far in my opinion, but they're such a mess I can't see them sustaining good form all season.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Nowhere near the quality required for the premier league either.
Powderpuff in the extreme.

Though it's bound to wind up the Championsh of Europe and that's no bad thing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This for me sums up today's modern day football approach ..or is it purely a money grabbing ****

VYDRA MOVE COLLAPSES

Sky Sports News understands Matej Vydra’s £11m move to Leeds from Derby has collapsed because personal terms could not be agreed.

Vydra has ambitions to play in the Premier League, and we’ve been told he had concerns about moving to a club in the Championship that finished below Derby last season.

Not sure what is your issue with any of that :shrug:

Vydra is under contract at Derby. Why should he agree to be transferred to a club in the same league, with a less realistic chance of promotion, unless there is another (financial) incentive to do so?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vydra's been a busted flush for years now. He's 26. The sooner he realises it's not going to happen for him, the sooner he can bed down and see out his days in a lower level league, either here or more likely elsewhere. The ever-crappy Eredivisie seems custom made for him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But if his ambition is to play in the Premier League, wouldn't you think Derby are a better prospect than Leeds? Obviously, it's Derby's way to fall apart in the end of the season, but I would think he's made the right decision and isn't a money grabbing whore in this case. If he had gone there because they were paying him even more than Derby are over-paying him, fair enough. But is that the case?

Leeds have done some shrewd business so far in my opinion, but they're such a mess I can't see them sustaining good form all season.

What 'shrewd business'?

They've made ONE very good signing, in Barry Douglas, and a largely untested youngster from Chelsea, and another to play in goal, and that's basically it :shrug:

What they have done, is somehow secure the services of a manager, who ought to have been way out of their league, but they've done so at massive cost (£3m a year!), and he's famously volatile, so will be expensive to pay off, when they inevitably fall out within a year.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Nowhere near the quality required for the premier league either.
Powderpuff in the extreme.

Though it's bound to wind up the Championsh of Europe and that's no bad thing.

Vydra's been a busted flush for years now. He's 26. The sooner he realises it's not going to happen for him, the sooner he can bed down and see out his days in a lower level league, either here or more likely elsewhere. The ever-crappy Eredivisie seems custom made for him.

Vydra has his faults and as I've said before, you kind of have to build the team around him but he's a bit better than some of you are giving him credit for!!

That said, I've also enjoyed the Leeds fans getting mardy about it. :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Iv'e seen him play about 10 times i reckon and only once did i think he was a quality player , that once was against us , absolutely took us to the cleaners , lots of players like him around , 1 good game 4 or 5 bang average ones , and that's why he's not already been snapped up by a top flight club on a permanent basis .

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not too sure Vydra is to blame just because Derby have been run poorly.

How many times is this now a new manager has been told to cut back the wage bill?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Is it him thinking that ie will stay at Derby as a better chance of prem , or is it i want more money for the move .?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it him thinking that ie will stay at Derby as a better chance of prem , or is it i want more money for the move .?

It's both.

Derby willingly handed him his existing contract. It really isn't his responsibility to move elsewhere, now that they've decided they'd rather shed that wage burden.

On paper, staying at Derby is a more attractive proposition for him than moving to Leeds. Why on earth SHOULD he even consider the move, other than for some financial benefit :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Derby have been trying to sell him as he is on big wages and they need to cut their wage bill is my understanding.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
What 'shrewd business'?

They've made ONE very good signing, in Barry Douglas, and a largely untested youngster from Chelsea, and another to play in goal, and that's basically it :shrug:

What they have done, is somehow secure the services of a manager, who ought to have been way out of their league, but they've done so at massive cost (£3m a year!), and he's famously volatile, so will be expensive to pay off, when they inevitably fall out within a year.

A brief bit of research.

The Albion have changed manager 38 times since 1901.
Leeds have changed manager 24 times since 2001.

(I am including caretaker manager stints)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Vydra has his faults and as I've said before, you kind of have to build the team around him but he's a bit better than some of you are giving him credit for!!

That said, I've also enjoyed the Leeds fans getting mardy about it. :)

Build a team around Vydra? That's about as rubbish as building a team around, say, CMS. Never going to happen at any credible level.

Fit in or ship out :wave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A brief bit of research.

The Albion have changed manager 38 times since 1901.
Leeds have changed manager 24 times since 2001.

(I am including caretaker manager stints)

I think Bielsa will be in the hot-seat for a while, because:

a. the Leeds fans are desperate to love him.
b. he's a huge name, so him being there strokes the owner's ego.
c. it would be massively expensive to sack him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

VYDRA MOVE COLLAPSES

Out of interest have you ever changed jobs willingly for a lower wage?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here