Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jeremy K Hunt - Foreign Secretary

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The sooner we get Diane Abbott as Foreign Secretary, the better. But preferably as Chancellor of the Exchequer.

If you were referring to anyone other than Dianne Abbott, I'd see the funny side of this. But no one should ever joke about her being in a position of power.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well, I don’t hate anyone Jewish, so join my bit of the party.

What do you think of the increasingly noisy and influential element of the Labour membership who do hate Jews?

(Should you not reply, and ask me about bigotry in the Tory party, I wouldn't be able to answer as I'm not a member. But obviously I condemn that too. I'm a floating voter and proud of it. I do not envy lifelong embittered "I must hate Tories and anyone financially successful" types. Bitterness isn't good for the soul IMO).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The sooner we get Diane Abbott as Foreign Secretary, the better. But preferably as Chancellor of the Exchequer.

I just need to learn to hate the Jewish populace of the UK now, to become a full member. Not sure how to get there, I suppose Momentum's a starting point?

What do you think of the increasingly noisy and influential element of the Labour membership who do hate Jews?

(Should you not reply, and ask me about bigotry in the Tory party, I wouldn't be able to answer as I'm not a member. But obviously I condemn that too. I'm a floating voter and proud of it. I do not envy lifelong embittered "I must hate Tories and anyone financially successful" types. Bitterness isn't good for the soul IMO).

Any chance you might comment on our Foreign Secretary?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I'm no fan of the guy, but he just made a mistake, FFS!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He made a slip up of words, so what. he clearly isn't racist, he is a married to a Chinese woman for goodness sakes. Completely ridiculous.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He made a slip up of words, so what. he clearly isn't racist, he is a married to a Chinese woman for goodness sakes. Completely ridiculous.

It's not racist in the slightest. What it does show, though, is complete incompetence. Something that has become as closely associated with Jeremy Hunt as cheese is with crackers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's nothing to do with racism. He made a huge gaffe, in China, talking to Chinese, by calling his wife Japanese, when she is Chinese. The Chinese and Japanese hate each other.

As Foreign Secretary, he should be able to make a speech in a diplomatic manner, as that is the core of the Foreign Office. #
Diplomacy. Leave the gaffes to others.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm no fan of the guy, but he just made a mistake, FFS!

Asians have an inferiority complex about westerners saying they all look alike. It was a HUGE mistake, especially when it was his own wife.

He's clearly not up to the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here