Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Southampton Away

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
No game sold out in Tier 1 last year, so you'll be safe waiting for Tier 2 and getting in quick.

I'm sure it'll be fine, I know every game last season went to at least second tier, but second tier last season wasn't 54 points lower then top! That's a lot of extra people to clamber for tickets.

202 points is basically season ticket holders who have been to about 3 away games!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure it'll be fine, I know every game last season went to at least second tier, but second tier last season wasn't 54 points lower then top! That's a lot of extra people to clamber for tickets.

202 points is basically season ticket holders who have been to about 3 away games!

Get multiple browsers on multiple devices into the queue and you'll be fine.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I like to pick the middle block about half way up. Now tickets will be allocated, I suppose, in order of purchase, best seats first?

who decides? How do they know my choice of best? Whats the betting that the allocation will start at one corner of the away allocation and just follow on from there?

I can't remember any GA ticket sales last year. I can see this ending well! :lol:

In the past when you couldn't pick your seat/block you'd tend to get the worst seats first as usually the Home side stick you in the corner and expand from there with demand. Assuming we sell out our allocation before the tickets arrive in this case I'd hope the first to buy would start in the the blocks behind the goal and the later the sale the closer to the corner..

Purchased. Want to be nearer the front..... we could select last year.

Personally I’d prefer to hold putting them on until you can select the section you want to sit in.

This is the daft thing, I'd rather be near the back. You had a little bit of control last seasons, not to the exact row but if you saw it was Row 1 you could wait or try another block etc.

Anyone no how far back row GA7 is?

Stands for General Admission. It isn't your row or seat.

Surely they haven't put them all on sale yet? 739 showing at the moment, and if people didn't have to queue this morning then they're either not all on sale or they've massively updated how much traffic the booking site can handle at once!

My mate doesn't have enough points at the moment, so in that usual position of wondering whether I should just get one for myself today to be safe, or risk it and try and get them both tomorrow.

When I signed in at 9am I saw 1,458 seats available. So I guess that is the first batch and we'll add more once they sell out.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just to say that your allocated seats should now show up on your events list (although we haven't got our tickets yet either).

Ah, just found out how to do that.

No I am most unhappy.

I am in VRS1 which is the corner block

Under the approach from last season I would have chosen VRS2 which is more central.

Not much I can do about being in row T.

This just looks like someone in the ticket office has allocated from the poorer block for those in tier 1 as opposed to the more central block, which I assume most would have chosen if given the choice.

#Barber Out

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

No I am most unhappy.

Under the approach from last season I would have chosen VRS2 which is more central.

This just looks like someone in the ticket office has allocated from the poorer block for those in tier 1 as opposed to the more central block, which I assume most would have chosen if given the choice.

#Barber Out

It's annoying isn't it. I'm much the same - it's not the end of the world but we all have our preferences and it's just going to lead to issues on the day unless the stewards declare it's a genuine sit where you like deal.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Last year I spent an age making sure we were in the best block, not near the front, looking on other websites to see views etc.. it meant that when I went to games I knew my view would be good - e.g. not in row 1 underneath the net, and now that's gone?!

Hopefully this could be raised at the fans forum?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

No I am most unhappy.

#Barber Out

Where is this? I clicked All Events, the list shows Saints but click on details and still says GA4.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I can't buy until tomorrow, hopefully there will be some left!

Last edited:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Just to say that your allocated seats should now show up on your events list (although we haven't got our tickets yet either).

Hi, went to my Account details and Tickets.
It details my purchase but no seat details.
When I hoover over the pic of a seat it says "not printed".
Am I in the right place to see details or does that mean no seat yet allocated?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Hi, went to my Account details and Tickets.
It details my purchase but no seat details.
When I hoover over the pic of a seat it says "not printed".
Am I in the right place to see details or does that mean no seat yet allocated?

I just clicked on "view my loyalty points " and there under "my next event" was Watford with the seat details.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last year I spent an age making sure we were in the best block, not near the front, looking on other websites to see views etc.. it meant that when I went to games I knew my view would be good - e.g. not in row 1 underneath the net, and now that's gone?!

I emailed the club this morning - awaiting a response. I'll share it when I get one.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I emailed supporter services this morning about this, particularly with Man City coming up in two week where there are different tiers available.

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
This is the reply I have received from Supporter Services following my email earlier today:

"Away ticketing has changed slightly, we now go on sale to supporters earlier to allow us to get a better understanding of the volume of supporters wanting to book for this game which in turns allows us to choose an allocation from the home club.

As we are now on sale at an earlier time, the reason behind us not being able to choose exact seating is because we do not get the home clubs seating plan until later than usual meaning that we cannot select seating at the point of purchase."

So it sounds like tough luck guys - you can buy tickets early, but don't expect to have anu choice asa to where you sit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here