Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rosenior Returns

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Following on from Bobby coming back yesterday, Rosenior has announced his retirement and will be the new under 23 assistant coach! I thought he probably had a couple more years yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed, bit sad that effectively his playing career was over aged 32. Definitely too good for that. Glad we’re looking after him and offered him an opportunity

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I heard he was going to Orient. :lol:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Shame his playing career is over at such a relatively young age. A great pro though, will be a huge influence on our U23s especially his attitude towards the game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed, bit sad that effectively his playing career was over aged 32. Definitely too good for that. Glad we’re looking after him and offered him an opportunity

Agreed.

PS: He's 34. He's also going to be a media analyst at Sky next season.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think he'll be a great coach. He was a very good player, but you could see he couldn't quite keep up the pace even though he played very intelligently.

Really hope he does well with us. Just need Calde back and we've got the full set!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So that Reading jerk effectively ended his career with an horrendous challenge that should have been a straight red. I loath Reading even more that I do palace - both horrible loathsome clubs but I think Reading have even less purpose in life

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Another reason to say TB is here for the long term project he building a club that will be able to compete now and in the future.
Also I think our fans have stepped up.
I am just excited about the new season as I was 55years ago.
Good luck Rosenior

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Liam was always one of our more intelligent and articulate players. Good to see him looking to make such a positive transition from playing to coaching at the age of 34. I'm sure he's got a very bright future in the game. Wishing him every success.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
A fine man and a model pro. He will be a great influence as our U23 coach. A real credit to our football club. Good luck Liam.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think he'll be a great coach. He was a very good player, but you could see he couldn't quite keep up the pace even though he played very intelligently.

Really hope he does well with us. Just need Kemy back and we've got the full set!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
CC3F2AE1-2539-4D8F-B470-3D9F2D7AD864.jpeg

82FA38AF-8FC4-497F-AF54-059D71D8445C.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Liam was always one of our more intelligent and articulate players. Good to see him looking to make such a positive transition from playing to coaching at the age of 34. I'm sure he's got a very bright future in the game. Wishing him every success.

Well said.

Slightly surprised he’s retiring, would have thought he had a couple of seasons left, but presumably wants a player/coaching style role, which is probably difficult to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Surprised, impressed and delighted.

Hope he continues his Guardian column.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

He's taking the Nathan Jones route into management, getting experience first. He had already been in the dugout with Simon Rusk.
I think he'll do well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there's quite a lot of assumptions being made here.

I'm sure LR had plenty of offers, his career wasn't ended at Reading, he can end his career whenever he likes.

Chances are The Albion made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
He has a, now school aged, family to consider.
There isn't much more he can 'do' on the pitch, certainly not at the top end.

Just as we all want to be professional footballers, he may well be just as excited about the prospect of coaching and punditry, and can't wait any longer to get started.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Really hope he does well with us. Just need Calde back and we've got the full set!

Never mind all that.

The iPad thief is back! I’ve missed that freaky weirdo :clap2:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's taking the Nathan Jones route into management, getting experience first. He had already been in the dugout with Simon Rusk.
I think he'll do well.

The very best way of doing it in my opinion, starting at a modest level with a club he'll know inside out, before, hopefully, climbing the ladder.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here