Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yves Bissouma. What a player!

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
A poor goal scoring record?

Averages a goal every 253 minutes over the last 3 seasons in La Liga. That's better than a goal 1 every 3 full games. If he reproduces that form in the Premier League he could score around 12-15 goals next season.

A top class striker would average a goal every 2 games, around 20 Premier League goals - but that's not something that's within our financial capabilities.

He clearly hasn't got a top goal scoring record, but he hasn't got a poor one either. He's around the limit of the type of striker we would be able to acquire at this moment in time.

Bearing in mind he cost around £5 million...that’s nothing in today’s market especially in the striker department. If nothing else he’ll be a sound addition to our squad depth.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The main concern is definitely our front man. I feel quite confident about everywhere else.

I guess the club believe Andone will be Murrays long term replacement, but with Murray's age and certain off field issues likely to be a factor this season, I hope the Romanian finds his feet quickly.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bearing in mind he cost around £5 million...that’s nothing in today’s market especially in the striker department. If nothing else he’ll be a sound addition to our squad depth.

Just because we got him cheap doesn’t mean he’s going to be up to it. I know we can’t easily afford to spend tens of millions but there’s been serious investment in every area except the strikers. Bit concerning , but hopefully andone wil hit the ground runn8ng and Murray is as good as last year

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Just because we got him cheap doesn’t mean he’s going to be up to it. I know we can’t easily afford to spend tens of millions but there’s been serious investment in every area except the strikers. Bit concerning , but hopefully andone wil hit the ground runn8ng and Murray is as good as last year
The club were prepared to spend £17m on him last summer so perhaps they feel he is the right player? For me that is more important.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham

He was also a player we were going to pay £20 million for in January but Deportivo wouldn't let him leave because they were in a relegation battle. We only got him for £5 mil because of his relegation release clause. That doesn't make him any worse.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Just because we got him cheap doesn’t mean he’s going to be up to it.

I'm not sure anyone's ever said or implied that. It doesn't make sense.

Normally he would be a 'serious' investment. If I recall, last year Deportivo wouldn't let him go for less than 20 million euros. It's only because of the relegation clause that we were able to get him so cheap.

I think you're expecting too much and a very harsh critic if you think his goal scoring record is poor. It's not amazing, but for a team of our stature, it's good.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I was watching youtube clips of him last night. He looks absolute quality. A midfielder who runs through the middle in Messiesque fashion, can shoot from range, strong in the tackle and knows when to play a pass. How on earth have we managed to pull this off?

I'm aware the highlights reels can be misleading at times (Toko) but this lad looks something else. By the looks of things, he's going to be our maverick version of Hazard. The player who makes things happen. He'll shoot from range, start and finish counter attacks, unlock a defence with his dribbling, score from free kicks. Be the game changer.

I've never felt more excited and confident about a bunch of signings since the summer Zamora was signed at the Withdean. Amazing time to be an Albion fan this.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm not sure anyone's ever said or implied that. It doesn't make sense.

Normally he would be a 'serious' investment. If I recall, last year Deportivo wouldn't let him go for less than 20 million euros. It's only because of the relegation clause that we were able to get him so cheap.

I think you're expecting too much and a very harsh critic if you think his goal scoring record is poor. It's not amazing, but for a team of our stature, it's good.

To your top paragraph what I mean is - going by his record, theres no doubt we are getting value for 5 mill. But getting good value doesn’t mean he will be up to what we need.

My overall point is , I thought there would be more investment in strikers. We seem to have an army of quality wingers but the forward line looks Potentially a weak link. Andone might well be brilliant and adapt to prem Immediately , Murray may roll back the years.

But it’s definitely the weakest area of the squad imho. There’s very little depth, even if andone is good. Behind him and Murray there isn’t much at all. the other parts of the squad look bang on.

Last edited:

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
The recruitment team will know if a player has a decent chance in cutting the mustard or not in the premier league. I trust their judgement. They haven't got a great deal wrong and have unearthed some real jems for very sensible prices in this crazy market!

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Had a great view of both goals,both proper net-busters.Bissouma looks a cracking prospect,he reminded me of a young Kazenga,very quick and tricky.Definitely worth every penny of my £5 entry fee!!!

Ive just had a good look at his highlights on YouTube and the major difference between him and Kaz is Bissouma plays with his head up and seems to have a picture of what he is trying to achieve. Kaz never did.

I'm really excited about his kid, he is only 21 but looks immense.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Before you get carried away just remember Abdul Razak’s debut.

I’d love him to the new Pogba but let’s wait until he has played a few games in the Premier League, nah **** it he is going to be a superstar who’ll we’ll struggle to hold on to for more than a season. :smile:

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Please let him score one like the second one against United in a 1-0. The analysis from the big six loving MOTD commentators as they have to praise it would be immense to watch :smile:

Absolutely! That second goal was CRAZY!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
But where to play him?

A replacement for Gross? Surly not...

Gross, as good as he was at the Amex, away from home he was largely ineffective, mainly due to the lack of pace and support around him. I could see Propper playing slightly further forward and Bissouma rampaging through the middle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here