Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yves Bissouma. What a player!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone else watch the match yesterday either live there or on player? In spite of my interrupted viewing due to technical issues, the performance of Bissouma really stood out. I think it was his debut? If it was that made it all the more impressive. Great vision and passing, skilful runs at opposition players, and the ability to both beat and carve up the opposition deep into their territory. It culminated in him being fouled. Then he took the ball for much of the length of the pitch whilst skipping past two or three players and being surrounded in Vicente-esque fashion until releasing the ball for Hemed to win the free kick which Bissouma duly smashed into the goal for an injury time equaliser. I am VERY excited at the prospect of watching him this year, especially against that lot from up the road!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Anyone else watch the match yesterday either live there or on player? In spite of my interrupted viewing due to technical issues, the performance of Bissouma really stood out. I think it was his debut? If it was that made it all the more impressive. Great vision and passing, skilful runs at opposition players, and the ability to both beat and carve up the opposition deep into their territory. It culminated in him being fouled, Taking the ball for much of the length of the pitch whilst skipping past two or three players and being surrounded in Vicente-esque fashion until releasing the ball for Hemed to win the free kick which Bissouma duly smashed into the goal for an injury time equaliser. I am VERY excited at the prospect of watching him this year, especially against that lot from up the road!

He was superb

Also I loved the fact that for someone in his first game - Knockeart wanted that free kick and You could see Bissouma quite literally refuse and say, I'm havin this and quite literally if a defender in the wall had got in the way of it he would have ended up in the back of the net with the ball

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
I watched the second half. It was only a very short time on the pitch in a preseason friendly. So I will Wait a little longer for full judgement ( I’ll give him another 10 minutes). However, I agree, he did look to have something special. So hopeful he proves you right!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
He was superb

Also I loved the fact that for someone in his first game - Knockeart wanted that free kick and You could see Bissouma quite literally refuse and say, I'm havin this and quite literally if a defender in the wall had got in the way of it he would have ended up in the back of the net with the ball

Yep. Knocky is known for his enthusiasm, I think he has a contender with Yves. It was noticeable to me that he plays with a real passion and he seemed desperate to use his ability to hurt the opposition. He looks like the rampaging player that could end up being the answer to our good but rather conservative midfield. On a side note, Knockaert is looking very good imo and I think we are fortunate to have far better attacking options on the wings than we did last year.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Had a great view of both goals,both proper net-busters.Bissouma looks a cracking prospect,he reminded me of a young Kazenga,very quick and tricky.Definitely worth every penny of my £5 entry fee!!!

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
He’s certainly good on the ball and when the free kick was awarded he grabbed the ball and wasn’t going to let it go for anyone. Don’t however underestimate the contribution of our guys in the wall, er creating the gap for the shot.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
French friend of mine was amazed we got him. Said he will be a £50m player within two years

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Really hope he inspires knocky and solly both who I thought struggled at times, solly for lack of confidence and knocky for not quite doing it !

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Really hope he inspires knocky and solly both who I thought struggled at times, solly for lack of confidence and knocky for not quite doing it !

I think both, especially Knockaert, will be a lot more influential this season.
My concern is up top - an ageing Murray and the Romanian, who has a poor goal scoring record.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My concern is up top - an ageing Murray and the Romanian, who has a poor goal scoring record.

I agree, but we need to give Andone a good chance, as last year, he was likely unhappy after being messed about by his clueless chairman. His stats were very much better before that.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

I think we have to judge Andone on more than his goals. The Argus spoke to someone who has kept a close eye on him in Spain and he said he needs a lot of chances to score. He can hold his own in the air and will be ok with the physical side. He also like playing on his own up front. I think its going to be about how he fits in with others around him like Gross.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Clearly an exciting prospect ..whether he cuts the mustard in the PL we’ll have to see ...what with our other offensive signings i’m intrigued to see how we will line up home and away..CH has potentially much more scope than last season ..but hard work and the team ethic remains the base imho

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bissouma looked like the new boy he is though, not sure where to put himself sometimes, once he is comfortable with the shape and the other players, he is going to be very influential.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

A poor goal scoring record?

Averages a goal every 253 minutes over the last 3 seasons in La Liga. That's better than a goal 1 every 3 full games. If he reproduces that form in the Premier League he could score around 12-15 goals next season.

A top class striker would average a goal every 2 games, around 20 Premier League goals - but that's not something that's within our financial capabilities.

He clearly hasn't got a top goal scoring record, but he hasn't got a poor one either. He's around the limit of the type of striker we would be able to acquire at this moment in time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here