Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many times does Solly March play well a season?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
So do i but he tailed off last year. Just using the example that different players take different lengths of time to get used to a new league. Look at Jesse Lingard!
I likes Izquierdo's contribution. His skill set and pace was a big worry for opponents in games where he wasn't the 'star', helping the team in defence and freeing up space for others.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
He is a local lad competing with Knocky, and the multi millions paid for Izquierdo and Ali. Give him a break.
If he comes up short this season then so be it. But its great to see a local boy at the top table.
My own view is that he he won't be far behind in the pecking order and given that he cost us nowt then that will do for me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And also the waster little no hoper has just singed a new 3 year contract. CH clearly thinks he's squad timber ready for lumber.

FFS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
#FFSDownTheLineBong.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
At least Stephens and Murray are being given a temporary rest-bite from the 'knowledgeable'.

Nothing wrong with Stephens, second name on the team sheet for me.....

Re Murray - we need Andone to come good, as he cannot be expected to produce another stellar season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the friendly against A Madrid last year he put Godin on his arse & they resorted to kicking him out of the game. I was hoping for a big season from him, but like others have said, a decent run in the side, plus I would say team tactics, have restricted him a bit.

This.
He actually started off relatively well and then was rested/rotated, which seemed to mess him up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Well he was arguably our best player for the first four games of last season. So that puts that to bed.

Also, anyone with half a brain can see that most of his appearances last season were cameo appearances from the bench to enable us to tighten up on one side of midfield. Firstly, it’s difficult to achieve much in 10 minute appearances with any consistency, and secondly, he pretty much always did his defensive work very well.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Yes he did.

18 starts and 18 sub appearances.

1 goal, 1 assist.

How many of those were consecutive appearances in the same role with the same teammates next to him. I’d wager not many after the first four games where he was made the scapegoat for our poor start.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I can think of Bournemouth away and Chelsea at home from last season. But generally he's flattered to decieve. Used to put a bit more effort in but seems a bit cockier now. His antics at Liverpool last season were idiotic.

The harsh reality is that the kid gets paid big bucks. It's make or break time this season.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I believe he does as the manager tells him, if that invovles playing as a second left back then so be it, but he can't do all things, do we want him as a midfielder/winger or second back, its the managers choice not his. This is probably why he has a a decent contract at the club and there are no signs of him moving on.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I agree with this. The only thing is you ain't going to get a run in the team to build up your confidence in the Premier League when you get the chance you better grab or else you will be loaned out, harsh but true

Knockaert got an awful amount of chances last year for someone who had one good game all season. So that logic clearly isn’t true.

As others have posted, a run in the team would improve him as a player and boost his confidence - something that most people recognise as the key ingredient for optimum performance. Competition for him will be even greater this season and I fear that he will continue to spend most of his time on the bench.
Of all our players he is probably the one who would most benefit from a year on loan in the Championship. This won’t happen as we need our HGP quota. Tough for the kid because he has always shown a lot of promise but lacks consistency.

Agree 100%. Fills a HGP place - if he didn’t then would he get game time? Doubtful.
He can get game when we are two goals to the good when 15 minutes left in a match, so we may see him a couple of times this season or if flu is rampant through the side. However, if we are relying on him from the kick off then we really will be relegation fodder this campaign. Harsh? He is a decent Championship player IMO.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Agree 100%. Fills a HGP place - if he didn’t then would he get game time? Doubtful.
He can get game when we are two goals to the good when 15 minutes left in a match, so we may see him a couple of times this season or if flu is rampant through the side. However, if we are relying on him from the kick off then we really will be relegation fodder this campaign. Harsh? He is a decent Championship player IMO.

The new contract to ward off EPL suitors would suggest that Solly is more than just a decent championship player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here