Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Parish deflected blame onto Sussex police's failings rather than do anything about the ***** who graffiti'd Bruno, took bangers into the Amex and were filmed jumping the turnstiles without tickets. Somehow the retards in Croydon have concluded that this is all Sussex Police aka Our fault, and they are blameless.

Needless to say they are too blind/thick to notice that once again Parish is being a **** here, sticking up for a hundred twats with a drum rather than their loyal fanbase.

Pathetic owner..pathetic support. Feel sorry for the genuine diehard Palace caught up in the popularity exercise from the slimeball chairman.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
So, those long-standing season ticket holders who are being turfed out by the Fanatics are starting to be contacted by Palace. Doesn't seem to be going well...

I had my call from the Box Office
Y
I don't normally criticise the club but oh dear

The 16 rear rows in Block E are involved. Everyone sitting there 'will have to move'.

They couldn't say whether, if I join the Singing Section, I keep my seat. They couldn't tell me what the process is. They couldn't say what would happen or where I may sit if I should decide not to sing.

They couldn't tell me how to join the singing section, they simply said it's CPFC and not the HF. I may pop down to the Holmesdale and buy someone a pint anyway to see what I can find out. Must be better organised in the HF than in the Box Office.

They did confirm that the singers won't be able to stand

They didn't realise I paid for my seat in 1995 for 25 years, so I don't think they can move me easily.

They say when it comes to moving I wait until the season ticket holders confirm their renewal, then get first dibs on the non renewed seats. They implied a discount. As I have already paid that offers no benefit to me.

I told them this was just dreadful, they should not be having discussions without having thought the very basic aspects through. I asked them to log my comments. I don't expect to get any feedback that isn't just boiler plate nonsense at the time of renewals.

Parish, I know you read my posts. Sort it out! I have done work like this in the past and you are handling it truly appallingly.

All those minutes spent making up silly names and signing that petition was definitely worthwhile, this is priceless.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So, those long-standing season ticket holders who are being turfed out by the Fanatics are starting to be contacted by Palace. Doesn't seem to be going well...

The 16 rear rows in Block E are involved. Everyone sitting there 'will have to move'.

They couldn't say whether, if I join the Singing Section, I keep my seat. They couldn't tell me what the process is. They couldn't say what would happen or where I may sit if I should decide not to sing.

They couldn't tell me how to join the singing section, they simply said it's CPFC and not the HF. I may pop down to the Holmesdale and buy someone a pint anyway to see what I can find out. Must be better organised in the HF than in the Box Office.

They didn't realise I paid for my seat in 1995 for 25 years, so I don't think they can move me easily.

They say when it comes to moving I wait until the season ticket holders confirm their renewal, then get first dibs on the non renewed seats. They implied a discount. As I have already paid that offers no benefit to me.

I told them this was just dreadful, they should not be having discussions without having thought the very basic aspects through. I asked them to log my comments. I don't expect to get any feedback that isn't just boiler plate nonsense at the time of renewals.

Parish, I know you read my posts. Sort it out! I have done work like this in the past and you are handling it truly appallingly.

Shambolic, utterly shambolic. Good to see :D

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So when the HF just stand like they did when they attended games, they will be forced to sit down. If this is enforced will they walk out in another huff and refuse to attend games, or are CPFC not telling the whole truth to their fans who are being moved.

And where will these non renewal seats be, they are unlikely to be in decent seats and if a group of fans being moved want to stay together how will they be accommodated.

Perhaps Mr Parrish would like to give up his seat as a goodwill gesture

What and sit next to that **** Bright

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Whilst this is hilarious... it is also actually quite scary. If Palace actually do this it sets a dangerous prescedent for all sporting venues and the fans that attend. It sound like this guy has bought a 25yr debenture and the club are turfing him out to have least desirable seats (ie what other STH have walked away from) all on the back of the flimsiest possible of justifications (including a 9000-name petition that clearly cannot be shared with anyone independent because all the names appear twice and most of them are clearly made up!)
The club are then contacting existing paid up STH to tell them they are going to have to move but have ZERO other details around the how, why and where to.

Not only is this a shocking way to run a business, it is an appalling way to manage the stewardship of a community asset (which all football clubs are!), it is almost certainly a breach of any debenture contracts in place (I would assume there are clauses allowing for seat movements but none of them will class 100 hoodie wearing tw@ts as "Force Majeure") .

If the PL, FA and courts allow this to happen then no fan is actually safe in their seat, no club has any duty to the 'contract' it has with the community and no club will be safe from the ridiculous demands of a tiny minority of spoilt little sh1ts.

TBH, much as I am happy to see this car crash of a club f*ck things up so spectacularly they become a world-wide laughing stock, this is rapidly approaching a Fans United moment where we should be standing behind the innocent fans being evicted and protesting against a dickish club owner trampling all over supporters.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
TBH, much as I am happy to see this car crash of a club f*ck things up so spectacularly they become a world-wide laughing stock, this is rapidly approaching a Fans United moment where we should be standing behind the innocent fans being evicted and protesting against a dickish club owner trampling all over supporters.

Looking forward to us joining the protest march through Croydon sometime soon...................??

You're right though....this won't end well - think the club might get a spectacular backfiring on this - there seem to be a lot of Palace fans that don't like the HF much.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Another petition to have a discussion about the singing section.

They just love a Petition don't they [emoji23][emoji23]

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276747

https://www.change.org/p/crystal-pa...esdale-lower-seating-allocation-selhurst-park

Lets get on it. They thank us last time :)

Quoted by one of their own. Please note Palace posters that invade here.

the way we are going we could be in The Championship next season and the attendances will got back to 13-16,000.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A couple of Palace supporting mates of mine who run a pub (Dan Singh-Quinn, Phil d'Beat from The Tambourine) are most upset that posters on this forum are suggesting that some of the names on the petition may be fictitious.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I've just flicked through a fair few of those pages and the impact of this on the Palace fanbase is awful.

- Long-term fans feeling completely worthless relative to the seat evictors, to the point some are considering ceasing their support.
- Groups of fans concerned that there will be very little, if any, seats available to relocate their group to, and that any seats available will be the dregs no one else wants.
- Fans neighbouring the proposed "singing section" concerned of the impact on them - groups standing, large flags obstructing views and a drum.
- The fanbase now highly fractured as a result of this.

And to top it off, some have correctly noticed that this "arranged singing section" is the very antithesis of the HF's "we hate modern football" and what Palace fans were taking the piss out of Man United trying to implement.

Most fans, whether they are for or against the singing section, seem to be in agreement that the club are handling this dreadfully but that's also a "very Palace" way of going about things.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This chap isn't happy either!

"I said all along that this was about the HF wanting the best seats in the ground because of their inflated sense of entitlement. I have been proved right in all respects. As a supporter since 1965 and a season ticket holder in Block E since it was built, along with my daughter, we are now being offered the dregs. I have never been so upset or disillusioned with Palace. "

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The season is 8 games old.
Since the end of last season palace's crisis' must run well into double figures.

We've lost our flasks.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Snip.PNG

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Oh and surprise surprise the stand is delayed.....

Steve Parish has admitted that the plans for Selhurst Park’s redevelopment may well be delayed following the initial suggestion that work would be starting at the end of the current campaign, thanks to ongoing discussions with the local council.

Having received backing from the council over the plans for the general redevelopment of Selhurst Park’s Main Stand, Parish has revealed (when speaking to Five Year Plan) the talks over transport and community improvement initiatives are now taking place at council level which are dragging on longer than first anticipated. Whilst the chairman was certain that the meetings were no cause for alarm, it did sound as though it may cause a delay in the timescale which was originally laid out in relation to the new build’s construction.

Once the current wrinkles have been ironed out, the plans will go to the Mayor of London’s office where, all things being well, we’ll be granted full planning permission but as we all know, things like this are far from quick. There is still an outside chance that everything will be signed and sealed in time for work to begin over the summer but rather than speaking with false confidence, Parish was clearly keen to let supporters know of the delays the club are currently being faced with.

http://www.hltco.org/2018/10/11/quotes-parish-explains-potential-delay-selhurst-parks-redevelopment/

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Oh and surprise surprise the stand is delayed.....

Steve Parish has admitted that the plans for Selhurst Park’s redevelopment may well be delayed following the initial suggestion that work would be starting at the end of the current campaign, thanks to ongoing discussions with the local council.

Having received backing from the council over the plans for the general redevelopment of Selhurst Park’s Main Stand, Parish has revealed (when speaking to Five Year Plan) the talks over transport and community improvement initiatives are now taking place at council level which are dragging on longer than first anticipated. Whilst the chairman was certain that the meetings were no cause for alarm, it did sound as though it may cause a delay in the timescale which was originally laid out in relation to the new build’s construction.

Once the current wrinkles have been ironed out, the plans will go to the Mayor of London’s office where, all things being well, we’ll be granted full planning permission but as we all know, things like this are far from quick. There is still an outside chance that everything will be signed and sealed in time for work to begin over the summer but rather than speaking with false confidence, Parish was clearly keen to let supporters know of the delays the club are currently being faced with.

http://www.hltco.org/2018/10/11/quotes-parish-explains-potential-delay-selhurst-parks-redevelopment/

We’ve been there, done that, got the T-shirt

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
"Just had a message from the club and it’s the back 16 rows of block E, 50% off ST for next year and 1500 loyalty points."

Now some are arguing that giving points to those who are being evicted is unfair as it might mean they jump ahead of other fans for away games.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

And if it were any other club I would agree with you 100%. However, not one of the pikeys that broke into our ground, assaulted stewards, let off fireworks and flares was turned in by the "innocent" palace fans. Nowhere have I read that the "innocent" palace fans are taking action to force their club to identify the miscreants and hand them over to the OB. I think you can be pretty sure that some of those to blame are the ones that Disney is now rimming.

So feck 'em. They are palace. They deserve it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here