Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Perhaps we could donate some teddy bears and cuddly's for them all as they seem to have thrown theirs.

Oh and some dummies and they seem to have spat those too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would certainly fall into that category. The fairy who called me a c*** would most certainly be ironed out in real life. However it holds absolutely no credence behind the protection of the internet for me to say that. Just like the fairy being the big man calling me that name. At no point have I been abusive amd used language like this and I could not care less if it was a weed saying it to a palace fan or not - he should be banned. You lot love trying to take the high ground, however Bozza and the other mods have shown their class by ignoring it. Makes me laugh how you lot try to think you a better class of people with the behaviour you all display on here. Bozza you are a joke

Charming.

1. How do you know I have not taken action against anyone on this thread? Given all disciplinary action, or whatever you want to call it, is private between the moderator and the user concerned, then, answering my own question, you would have no idea what I may or may not have ignored.

2. I can only act (or not ignore) if either:
a) I happen to see an offending post through my own usage of the board
b) A post is reported attracting moderator attention to a post

On this occasion I'd not been to this thread between the supposed abuse and you then abusing me. Neither did you, or anyone, report the post. As it happens, I returned to this thread because someone reported your post. So I guess I should take action now, eh? I don't want to further disappoint you with my lack of action.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Charming.

1. How do you know I have not taken action against anyone on this thread? Given all disciplinary action, or whatever you want to call it, is private between the moderator and the user concerned, then, answering my own question, you would have no idea what I may or may not have ignored.

On this occasion I'd not been to this thread between the supposed abuse and you then abusing me. Neither did you, or anyone, report the post. As it happens, I returned to this thread because someone reported your post. So I guess I should take action now, eh? I don't want to further disappoint you with my lack of action.

Best just to leave him to it. He's made a massive fool of himself again and done a comedy flounce. Give them enough rope etc.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Best just to leave him to it. He's made a massive fool of himself again and done a comedy flounce. Give them enough rope etc.

True. He's acting like a complete ****. Let's enjoy it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why don't you just crawl back under your stone! What a weasel!
There's a delicious irony about one of the goon squad, who will try (and fail) to defend every action of their utter joke of a football club, coming on here and calling people "sheep".

So many things that make the comment hilarious but particularly in a thread about the Always Ultras.

This is a club that simply cannot create an atmosphere or have any kind of identity without following a model which other English clubs eschew for being too manufactured. As Bozza said, it's fine in the MLS where their clubs have no history and have had to "create" something...... Oh.

It's also fine with the big European clubs who do it as that is actually party of their history and they do have genuine "ultras". Done here and done in the awfully TINPOT way that Palace do it, it's not surprising that all other clubs just see it as something else on the long list of things to laugh at them about.

It's false, it's sad, but of course without it they create no noise and turn on each other.

So their latest grand plan is to increase the number of seats given over to the pre mediated "displays" (CRINGE) and drum banging flag wavers so that the rest of the otherwise silent crowd will follow them.

You know like "sheep".

You couldn't make this shit up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Love the sentiment of the lower holmesdale being a singing section. Very uncomfortable the current encumbrance being made or feeling forced to move from seats they have sat in for many years. HF have been very mindul in usage of the word inclusive. Whether any Brighton fans think they are spotty kids or not - the rest of the PL, pundits, commentators all put the atmosphere at Selhurst as one of the best, or used to. Really hope there can be a solution found. No hiding the fact atmosphere has dropped dramatically.

Don’t undersell it ‘world class’ was the term used by the Poundland ultras

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Charming.

Fair enough Bozza. I was in the wrong to call you out like that. My apologies. I have respect for anyone who delivers and manages a platform like this to its clubs fans. I was replying to a thread about the HF and in no way derogatory to any poster. I am as die hard palace as it gets, a staunch supporter of the club. Not always agreeing with decisions made by the hierarchy but always supportive, blindly most likely in some cases. I enjoy the banter but I do not let it spill over to abuse and name calling like today. It was totally unnecessary and more than likely from some virgin kid who doesn’t know any better. I know it happens on our boards and If it was in reverse on one of our boards I would want them banned. No place for it imo. Anyway that is all. Have a good evening.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Except that it appears that Parish was initially very enthusiatic (Palace's own statement says this) and it was only when the plan was leaked and the people who were going to be turfed out of their seats objected that the plan was shelved. So effectively Parish is bravely standing up to himself...

He was very enthusiastic indeed to improve the atmosphere at Selhurst Didn’t the club give the HF 150 free tickets to home and away matches?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Shame this has got a bit messy.

Personally I can't wait for the next ill advised PR cringe pipe bursting disaster.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
The cold hard truth of this is that 100/200 men/boys create/manafacture the atmosphere and without them it is worse than shocking.

South London and Proud they say.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
See you all at the amex and Selhurst - I wonder how many of you I’ll come across being all tough. Keyboard tough guys. You’ll do nuttin. An opposing fan has radically different views to most of you does not justify the abuse received on here. You comfort yourself with the threads on bbs well you are no different stop deluding yourself, have some class. Bunch of sheep

You ok? Pm me babes

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Fair enough Bozza. I was in the wrong to call you out like that. My apologies. I have respect for anyone who delivers and manages a platform like this to its clubs fans. I was replying to a thread about the HF and in no way derogatory to any poster. I am as die hard palace as it gets, a staunch supporter of the club. Not always agreeing with decisions made by the hierarchy but always supportive, blindly most likely in some cases. I enjoy the banter but I do not let it spill over to abuse and name calling like today. It was totally unnecessary and more than likely from some virgin kid who doesn’t know any better. I know it happens on our boards and If it was in reverse on one of our boards I would want them banned. No place for it imo. Anyway that is all. Have a good evening.
Thats not true.BBS don't do bans. North Korea chat does.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here