Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The petition is still going up in 2s for every new entry, so they actually have 5000 signatures of which 4000 of them must have come from here :)

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My interest is in:

- how a group that label themselves as fanatics and ultras abandon their support due to not liking their seats
- how the majority of palace fans can't see the irony in the above point
- how the massive flounce coincides with the originally planned opening of Spurs ground
- how the atmosphere generated was by 100 strong rented support
- why they were tolerated for so long
- why anyone would want such an embarrassing group associated with their club (even as a second club)
- what made the Palace board finally come to their senses about what was previously a club sponsored pseudo firm
- oh, and how hilarious it all is generally on top of groupon, drum, call and response, goal music, copying other teams 'theme tune/anthem', changing club colours (even Cardiff returned to their true colours), euro woah woah monotonous shite passed off as an atmosphere, pretending they are going to redevelop the ground, being the definition of a one man team, paying £30m for Benteke and the same for Sakho, being top of the table in wages spent whilst fighting relegation, selecting an american bird as a nickname as they thought it looked cool and generally having no identity at all whilst desperately trying to invent one (ultras being the last in the long long line).
- and finally, what the next installment of absolute tinpottery they might come up with. Actually, this is what interests me most

oh yes, and being clacker deniers

So do I take it that you've got strong feelings about Palace..?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
So do I take it that you've got strong feelings about Palace..?

I'd say that their performance (off the pitch) over the last few years has provided much entertainment and 'piqued' my interest. Strong feelings is overdoing it I'd say. It's a bit like one of those interesting series on Netflix, you get into it for a while due to the entertainment it provides when you're bored but don't miss it when its gone. Pity those poor sods that actually turn up to Selhurst. Jesus! Imagine what their life must be like to do such a thing.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Out of interest who was number 9000?

I genuinely cannot remember! It could have been The Queen, Steve Parish-Sachs-Cox, Maid Upname, Nigel ‘The Nige’ Nigel, six different Jeremy Corbyns - last one being preceded with ‘there’s only one’, Nobby Neas, etc etc etc.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I genuinely cannot remember! It could have been The Queen, Steve Parish-Sachs-Cox, Maid Upname, Nigel ‘The Nige’ Nigel, six different Jeremy Corbyns - last one being preceded with ‘there’s only one’, Nobby Neas, etc etc etc.

I hope you're not implying that Nigel 'The Nige' Nigel may be a made-up name, are you? That would be disappointing.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
The petition is still going up in 2s for every new entry, so they actually have 5000 signatures of which 4000 of them must have come from here :)

I suspect they thought they would get about 500 and that 1000 would look far better.

I'm glad we were able to help out :thumbsup:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
There are rumours that SP might back down and let them move next season, they couldn't be that stupid could they?

He has secured a block of 1000 seats at White Hart Lane for them to move back into but the problem with doing it this season is Spurs forgot to get the stadium finished in time

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I feel that if @ULTRAS_CPFC knew the affect on the atmosphere would be this negative that they are not really Palace fans #cpfc [MENTION=15976]CPFC[/MENTION]

One of the reasons I became a CPFC supporter was because of the Selhurst atmosphere.

Selhurst is acc so shit to o to atm no atmosphere really is killing us would rather be out doing something else tbh don't enjoy any where near as much without the HF needs to be sorted asap #cpfc

At the [MENTION=22870]CPFC G[/MENTION]ame yesterday for my first of the season. I gotta say, I was surprised by the poor atmosphere. What happened to being the 12th man? South London and proud? Fortress Selhurst? Gotta change! Fair play to the [MENTION=23373]nufc[/MENTION] fans; didn't stop singing.

If the Homesdale Fanatics do return this season we need to make sure that every fan is fully behind them and join in every song! The atmosphere will only fully return if we make it happen. #cpfc #HF05 #BringBackTheHF

Just a small selection of Palace fans on Twitter.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There are rumours that SP might back down and let them move next season, they couldn't be that stupid could they?

That would certainly help with a promotion push next season. In fact you could possibly have a clash between the 2 'Best Fans in the World' in CPFC and Portsmouth FC #twats in the Championship next season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If the Homesdale Fanatics do return this season we need to make sure that every fan is fully behind them and join in every song! The atmosphere will only fully return if we make it happen. #cpfc #HF05 #BringBackTheHF

Palace have relinquished any right to pass derogatory comment on the atmosphere at any other club, including Albion's, ever again. Without their 100 or so black-clad cheerleaders they have absolutely nothing. Now they know it and everyone else knows it.

There's a good 20,000 of them at Selhurst - if they need the HF to come back in order for the atmosphere to "fully return", they really need to take a long hard look at themselves.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Palace have relinquished any right to pass derogatory comment on the atmosphere at any other club, including Albion's, ever again. Without their 100 or so black-clad cheerleaders they have absolutely nothing. Now they know it and everyone else knows it.

There's a good 20,000 of them at Selhurst - if they need the HF to come back in order for the atmosphere to "fully return", they really need to take a long hard look at themselves.
Haha you have upset a selection of the biggest tw#ts on the BBS Bozza with that post

Can't take the truth can they

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here