Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Teenagers and your short memories, eh? I'd have said that the 1990-91 season, when you followed up an FA Cup final appearance by finishing 3rd, was a more successful period but I suppose that since football didn't exist before 1992, it never really happened.

And that Simod Cup didn't win itself, only the greats ever competed in that Final.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I was at Selhurst night, a mate got me into the directors box. Prince charming was entertaining Sidique Khan all night, they sat together with Mark Bright as their bodyguard, what a perfectly matched couple. Anyway, with Khan on side you can guarantee planning permission won't be a problem.

Interesting. Have the club addressed all the housing, transport, parking and the rail station issues that he refused permission on in his report then?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Interesting. Have the club addressed all the housing, transport, parking and the rail station issues that he refused permission on in his report then?

I am no expert in these matters but it wasn't a rejection.

The points the GLA raised are already covered in the clubs proposal. What is being asked for is more detail and undertakings on key points. Or that's how I read it ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I might have missed it elsewhere but why is their new stand going to cost more than our entire ground? Have prices gone up that much in less than a decade?

Because it is going to be the BESTEST one stand ever. All that Nazi iconography is probably quite pricey, too.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Course you did haha..

Again, I didn’t say that. Not the brightest are you. I certainly don’t think that. Sad little angry man would be more accurate. I wonder if you are so mouthy at the games, then again you probably don’t go. Judging by your posts and language you use I’m assuming you are not allowed on your own or without adult supervision. Have a nice evening. Don’t get so angry, it’s only the internet.

**** off you C*nt

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am no expert in these matters but it wasn't a rejection.

The points the GLA raised are already covered in the clubs proposal. What is being asked for is more detail and undertakings on key points. Or that's how I read it ?

Well the report reads :
61 London Plan and draft London Plan policies on housing, affordable housing, sports stadia,
urban design, inclusive access, energy and transport are relevant to this application. The proposals do
not comply with the London Plan and draft London Plan

So, I read that as the planning application as it stands is turned down, but if the club address these issue's they will be given the go ahead, Hence my question has the club addressed these issues? Some of which when you read the report could be problematic.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Well the report reads :
61 London Plan and draft London Plan policies on housing, affordable housing, sports stadia,
urban design, inclusive access, energy and transport are relevant to this application. The proposals do
not comply with the London Plan and draft London Plan

So, I read that as the planning application as it stands is turned down, but if the club address these issue's they will be given the go ahead, Hence my question has the club addressed these issues? Some of which when you read the report could be problematic.

Turned down as it is, but not rejected out of hand...meaning in my thinking address the issues and planning will be granted, pretty sure that's what happens with most if not all planning applications. But as I say I really know the square root of FA when it comes to planning. Just listening to people involved at Palace they all seemed quite pleased with the way the application has been received.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I might have missed it elsewhere but why is their new stand going to cost more than our entire ground? Have prices gone up that much in less than a decade?
1) Demolishing the old stand

2) Demolishing a number of council owned houses.

3) Buying up new houses to hand over to the council to replace them.

4) Probably quite tricky to shoe horn a quarter of a stadium into three quarters of an old one.

It's sometimes easier to rip everything down and start again.

But I'd imagine the major cost will be the extra cladding elsewhere to convince everyone it's a new stadium.

It's an odd development to me. They are massively restricted there. Sainsbury won't budge and the Arthur Waite? can't be increased in height.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch

One of the biggest additional costs is that the stand is going to continue to be used during construction, similar to the approach Liverpool took with their building of their new Main Stand.

It would be far cheaper to just knock it down and rebuild in one hit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One of the biggest additional costs is that the stand is going to continue to be used during construction, similar to the approach Liverpool took with their building of their new Main Stand.

Seems odd that you Nigels haven't asked Charlton, Millwall or Fulham if you can borrow their ground whilst you do exactly that. Still, I can't wait for this shambles to unfold. It'll be massively over budget and will make the rest of the ground look even more terrible.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Yes, but you'd get hit on capacity then as you'd have to apply modern standards to the whole stand rather than just the extension.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

They should just do that. It's not like people would see a crumbling demolition site and actually notice any difference from what's there now.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
And that Simod Cup didn't win itself, only the greats ever competed in that Final.

Pretty sure Reading still sing about it now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here