Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The Block E 400 also need a slogan. We could make them a banner.

"WE WUNT BE DRUV..!!!"

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
One of my close friends is one of the Block E 400. He hasn't missed a home game since September 2005 and goes to the vast majority of the away games too. He's a really good bloke (apart from his support for Palace, obviously), and he's devastated by this development. He's even considering giving his season ticket altogether, which is understandable given that it's unlikely he'll be able to sit with the same group that he's been going to the games with for over 20 years. CPFC's treatment of this group of supporters has been absolutely abysmal. Absolutely no communication from the club except for the take it or leave it offer that we know about.

Say what you want about the Albion, but the lines of communication have always been open - even when we disagree with the decisions made (cough *flasks* cough). The way in which Paul Barber responds directly to supporters and in a timely fashion really is pretty special. We are so lucky to have a club that treats us with respect and which clearly values its fan base.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
One of my close friends is one of the Block E 400. He hasn't missed a home game since September 2005 and goes to the vast majority of the away games too. He's a really good bloke (apart from his support for Palace, obviously), and he's devastated by this development. He's even considering giving his season ticket altogether, which is understandable given that it's unlikely he'll be able to sit with the same group that he's been going to the games with for over 20 years. CPFC's treatment of this group of supporters has been absolutely abysmal. Absolutely no communication from the club except for the take it or leave it offer that we know about.

Say what you want about the Albion, but the lines of communication have always been open - even when we disagree with the decisions made (cough *flasks* cough). The way in which Paul Barber responds directly to supporters and in a timely fashion really is pretty special. We are so lucky to have a club that treats us with respect and which clearly values its fan base.

Nail on head :thumbsup:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, the normally big mouth noisy idiots appear to have been keeping their heads down since the announcement. One might have thought that given their professed proclamations that their intentions were beneficial to all, they would have said very quickly and openly, "no, that is not acceptable and not what we suggested". At least that way they might have got some credit. But no, now they have something to lose they cannot take any risks. They got what they really wanted, better seats ('so what' to those affected) and a public display of superiority over the board.

As for the silence from their posters on here, not so much of defending the indefensible for me but a conscious decision not to make any 'agreed' or 'you're right' comments because that just wouldn't do would it?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Not sure that it’s been mentioned before, but some Palace are blaming the American shareholders:

“Its a business.

Sorry to say that but it is the bottom line in the Premier League these days. The fact is you get no credits at all for being loyal fans in this day and age. If you did, this wouldn't be happening.

The HF are plastered all over the screens here when NBC do coverage of Palace games, and the high quality displays they do also get a lot of air time.

CEO4TAG is ad man, he comes from a marketing background. The HF differentiate Palace from any other side in the league and help to attract new fans from around the world, its a fact. As I learned on the FYP pod Parish even uses their image on merchandise he sells?

The HF got lucky that this spat coincides with a really poor run at home, no goals in 4 games etc. That is p&ss poor, even when you think about last year, its still p&ss poor. This allowed them to get more support than they probably would have, and they got a lot of sigs on a petition.

Parish is something of a one off in terms of Premier League chairmen, but even he could not sack off the HF for the sake of not seriously upsetting a different group of fans. I doubt any other PL chairman would ultimately have reached a different decision, alas they probably would have handled it a LOT better than old Steve did and sorted it out a lot sooner, with more transparency on proceedings.

Parish is as Parish does.”

It makes sense.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the urban dictionary has got the definition of the 400 club wrong, as they list it as:

The 400 Club is a collective team of assholes similar to a frat made up of overgrown boys with no siblings and trust funds. They are not only 400, but routinely do Kings Fall on heroic and will make you "try-out" for their clan before you can raid with them and will dump you the moment you ask a question or **** up running even once.

This surely is the HF Ultras

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I’m sure the HF debate is a handy diversion for the owners from the dirge being displayed on the pitch by Zaha and Croydon FC2010 which is the real reason the atmosphere has gone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the one hand, I do feel quite sorry for the STH's who are being so royally SHAFTED by Disney and the HF's.

On the other hand, its Palace, and I am thoroughly enjoying seeing their fanbase tear itself apart. Frankly, after the years and years of bollocks about how "special" their fans and atmosphere apparently is, its delicious to see it unravelling into the bollocks we always knew it was.

"Holmesdale FANATICS" - what kind of "FANATICS" literally bail out overnight, throw their toys out the pram and and stop going, because they're not being allowed to steal the best seats from their fellow supporters ? Is that what a "fanatic" does ? Honestly, any online spats with the goonsquad over attendances must now be now null and void. This trumps the lot. A section of Palace fans have just royally SHAT all over a group of their own loyal STH's to claim the best seats behind the goal....WITH THE CLUBS BLESSING. Jesus.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
It's comedy gold and I'm sure will keep giving and giving.

I used to vehemently hope they stayed up (in 17th obviously) now we're here, but am beginning to think it would be absolutely hillario to see them go down and the fanatics go back to watching Spurs

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
It's comedy gold and I'm sure will keep giving and giving.

I used to vehemently hope they stayed up (in 17th obviously) now we're here, but am beginning to think it would be absolutely hillario to see them go down and the fanatics go back to watching Spurs

:kiss: haha I like what you've done there

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's clearly a road crash of epic proportions and is very hard not to rubber neck as we see the carnage unfold.

As the season progresses and Palace continue to struggle it will be amusing to see how the club back track. How long before it dawns on them that they could be playing in the Championship next season and have alienated some of their most loyal supporters? And then the Fanatics fail to buy the Block E season tickets especially reserved for them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the one hand, I do feel quite sorry for the STH's who are being so royally SHAFTED by Disney and the HF's.

On the other hand, its Palace, and I am thoroughly enjoying seeing their fanbase tear itself apart. Frankly, after the years and years of bollocks about how "special" their fans and atmosphere apparently is, its delicious to see it unravelling into the bollocks we always knew it was.

"Holmesdale FANATICS" - what kind of "FANATICS" literally bail out overnight, throw their toys out the pram and and stop going, because they're not being allowed to steal the best seats from their fellow supporters ? Is that what a "fanatic" does ? Honestly, any online spats with the goonsquad over attendances must now be now null and void. This trumps the lot. A section of Palace fans have just royally SHAT all over a group of their own loyal STH's to claim the best seats behind the goal....WITH THE CLUBS BLESSING. Jesus.

Quite. Holmesdale Hissyfits ? Holmesdale Petulants ? Holmesdale Selfish Wankers ?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Posted by Forest Hillbilly on Holmesdale.net:
The top rows in E block (the ones for the HF) are excellent seats.
The view is not obstructed.
You are under cover if it rains
You are close to the beer stalls and toilets for half-time
You are close to the exit on the final whistle.
Facilities in the LH are only surpassed by the upper tier.

Only my opinion, but having been all over the ground, these are the bestest seats. Which is why the HF selected them

I think I'd also be very upset if the seat I had specifically chosen many years ago was taken from me without consultation. And also all my match day friends were moved against their will to different parts of the ground.

Another fact that hasn't been highlighted much is if the HF do move to the central 'E Block' then they will be standing throughout the game which will force those sitting in adjacent blocks to also stand. At least when they were in Block B they were in the corner and not blocking the majorities view.
Although I'm sure the Fanatics will all sit down when asked nicely by the stewards.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
It's clearly a road crash of epic proportions and is very hard not to rubber neck as we see the carnage unfold.

As the season progresses and Palace continue to struggle it will be amusing to see how the club back track. How long before it dawns on them that they could be playing in the Championship next season and have alienated some of their most loyal supporters? And then the Fanatics fail to buy the Block E season tickets especially reserved for them.

That’s going on my Christmas wish list

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Posted by Forest Hillbilly on Holmesdale.net:
The top rows in E block (the ones for the HF) are excellent seats.
The view is not obstructed.
You are under cover if it rains
You are close to the beer stalls and toilets for half-time
You are close to the exit on the final whistle.
Facilities in the LH are only surpassed by the upper tier.

Only my opinion, but having been all over the ground, these are the bestest seats. Which is why the HF selected them

I think I'd also be very upset if the seat I had specifically chosen many years ago was taken from me without consultation. And also all my match day friends were moved against their will to different parts of the ground.

Another fact that hasn't been highlighted much is if the HF do move to the central 'E Block' then they will be standing throughout the game which will force those sitting in adjacent blocks to also stand. At least when they were in Block B they were in the corner and not blocking the majorities view.
Although I'm sure the Fanatics will all sit down when asked nicely by the stewards.

Surely allowing them to stand in the middle will contravene regulations leading to a slap down from the powers that be?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The HF idea of moving behind the goal is flawed from the start.
selhurst is quite unusual in that the newest and most comfortable stand is behind the goal and the other 3 stands are completely decrepit bordering on derelict. This adds an extra level of desirability to the homesdale that wouldn't be there in other grounds. This means that turnover in those seats is non-existent and people will quite rightly be protective of thier seats.

What this proves is that the vocal section in any ground needs to be in the cheapest and least desirable seats to a non singer, this will ensure that vocal groups can expand and allow new blood to keep coming through. In all seat stadia this is now usually in the corners. When the HF move into the middle they're most likely going to find themselves isolated in a doughnut of people who want to sit down, this soap opera is going to last for years :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here