Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
With all credit to [MENTION=20008]dadams2k11[/MENTION], who posted this on the Mr Tumble thread- I think it justifies a thread of its own rather than being lost in amongst Tiny Tears' transfer saga.

Heated debates on the BBS and Twitter tonight in relation to everybody's favourite black-clad, hoody-wearing, firework-lobbing gang of funsters. It appears they might have thrown their toys out of their pram in a fit of smoke-filled pique, and Palace have called their bluff :clap2:

Letter evidently sent out by CPFC to supporters....

Unique Opportunity to move your season ticket to Lower Holmesdale Block B

CPFC has been advised by the Holmesdale Fanatics that they will no longer be present as an organised group at the front of block B of the Lower Holmesdale stand.

The club would like to thank the HF for their fantastic, vibrant and passionate support - especially the brilliant displays at Selhurst Park and their outstanding contribution to the 2013 and 2016 Wembley finals.*

In collaboration with the group, the Box Office has always held back 100 seats at the front of block B for exclusive use by HF members. As all Palace fans know, this is the most vibrant, passionate and noisy part of the stadium but it has previously been impossible for other supporters to purchase season tickets in this “singing section”.*

We now have a unique opportunity to offer these seats in the front rows of Lower Holmesdale Block B to vocal supporters who currently have season tickets in other blocks (or further back in Block B) and who would now like to move to this area.

We expect demand to be extremely high so supporters who are interested in moving to the front of Block B are asked to email the Box Office immediately with their details quoting “Block B” in the subject box.

Furthermore, the club is very keen for the tradition of flags, banners and drums to continue in the block. If any supporters are interested in this they should e-mail Sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk who will be happy to put them in touch with each other and assist in getting approval from the stadium manager and safety officials

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=275926

Last edited:

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Vote now...

[tweet]1022943598969610240[/tweet]

Last edited:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I was going to make this a thread of its own but decided not to in the end. Thanks for doing it as I think it does deserve a thread of its own.

Just to add CPFC2010 posted it on the BBS and replied to some comment. It appears they are back to "engaging with the fans" again..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
It appears they might have thrown their toys out of their pram in a fit of smoke-filled pique, and Palace have called their bluff :clap2:

As I have no desire to go reading Palace forums anytime soon, what has supposedly irked the HF in the first place? :shrug:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 5,713

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
As I have no desire to go reading Palace forums anytime soon, what has supposedly irked the HF in the first place? :shrug:

As I understand it, they demanded to move seats to a more central position rather than their little corner block. The existing ST holders in those central seats mostly declined to be forcibly moved to accommodate the drum-bashers, so the Always Ultras were told their luck was out. Now it appears they're sulking, and Palace seem to be offering their seats to new takers (I mean, they're not going to get any new takers, obviously- as if they have a waiting list!- but as a statement, it's quite funny).

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
So there were never more than 100 of them and in future they will take their chances at storming whichever turnstile takes their fancy, to eject the women, children and pensioners from their seats, assuming the safety officer allows them.

We're not quite in special forces territory here are we, more like special needs.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
They really don't have any self awareness do they? I think the rot in really starting to set in now. Their amateur "bodgit and scarper" approach to running the club, whilst paying over the odds for everyone and everything in the PL is catching up with them as a club. In all honesty I can see them going tits up Pompey style within the next few years.

That new stand they announced (almost exact copy of our West Stand) was just to appease their gullible fans, I doubt in reality it's even on the radar. From what I hear they don't have much money in the kitty for players, let alone new stands! They have relied on lady luck for far too long and it's going to run out eventually.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thught I'd post one of my favourite songs as a sort of innoculation against all the germs likely to be enountered on this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TYIo2KXdu4

Quite funny though. Sooooo embarrassing.:lolol:

Nigelissimus bumbakissimus.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
F736CEA3-9869-4C6A-8F23-BA60C94039C8.jpeg

A million sovs for a Palace flag?

Bless.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They really don't have any self awareness do they? I think the rot in starting to really set in now and their "bodgit and scarper" approach to running the club, whilst paying over the odds for everyone and everything in the PL is catching up with them as a club. In all honesty I can see them going tits up Pompey style within the next few years.

That new stand they announced was just to appease fans, I doubt in reality it's even on the radar and don't think they have much money in the kitty for players, let alone new stands! They have relied on lady luck for far too long and it's she's going to run out eventually.

Exactly.

Normally I'd have a bit of sympathy for a club in trouble (Charlton, er...Dulwich Hamlet) but this lot have so much self- entitlement, delusional adequacy, next stop Europe brain****ery going on its hard to know where to start laughing and where to stop laughing.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Exactly.

Normally I'd have a bit of sympathy for a club in trouble (Charlton, er...Dulwich Hamlet) but this lot have so much self- entitlement, delusional adequacy, next stop Europe brain****ery going on its hard to know where to start laughing and where to stop laughing.

If they get relegated this season I could see them slipping straight down to L1 the following season. I'd go as far as to say this season is "make or break" for them as a club regarding relegation. They have all their eggs in one basket after 5 years in the PL, with literally nothing to show for it apart from a massive wage bill and a bunch of "big name" overpriced and over rated mercenaries, who were signed to sate Parishes massively inflated ego.

I'm just grateful we don't operate like that as a club.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/27/crystal-palace-target-liverpools-danny-ings-will-make-20m-bid/

This would obviously be £5 upfront and the rest based on being world club champions, or on the never never

Seem to be under the impression that one of the big clubs will pay £70m for Zahahaha and solve all their financial woes. Trouble is Zahahaha blotted his own copybook with his unsuccessful spell at ManU. And as if their huge wage bill isn't the bigger problem anyway.

Can see them being left holding him with no money and no new players!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Maybe they can go and support Tottenham as they have a new ground, and, there’s a certain affiliation to Spurs?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Sad news. Club (AKA Parish) have ****ed up again.

I guess that the relationship with the club never recovered after all the bans that were issued after the hospitalised stewards, the public disorder and the preventing of Palace fans with valid tickets from getting into the Amex.

Oh no, I forgot. Despite issuing a statement vowing to find and ban the culprits: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5027678/crystal-palace-to-ban-fans-stormed-amex-brighton/ it seems that they did nothing and banned nobody, but instead attempted to chuck long term season ticket holders out of their seats in order to accommodate the whims of the attention seekers.

Football clubs belong to their communities and to all of their fans. We have learned at the Albion that our diversity is what makes us strong. The fight for a home utilised the different talents of all sections of our fan community. Regardless of age, class, gender, regardless of how we express our support, we are all Brighton, we are all equal and we all stand as one. The moment a club seeks to favour one group of supporters over others is the moment that club's soul is at risk. That Parish and his colleagues were willing to gamble that for a few drums and Letraset banner displays should be a warning to you that, once again, you have short-termist chancers in control.

Who has been banned Palace? Who has been banned?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/07/27/crystal-palace-target-liverpools-danny-ings-will-make-20m-bid/

This would obviously be £5 upfront and the rest based on being world club champions, or on the never never

None of this will happen unless Zaha goes. I would wager my last £1 that last years accounts are far more daunting than the recent accounts (finally released) for the 16/17 season. I really don't see how they have managed to hemorrhage 5 years worth of PL money with very little to show for it and have basically exactly the same infrastructure and an acadamy (that's got worse) than what they had in the championship. The only thing that's changed is a massively inflated wage bill for a majority of players who don't give a shit. Roy Hodgeson has said himself they have very little money to spend on players. Their new stand/ground expansion is pure pie in the sky whilst trying to save face and attempting keeping up with the "bouquets" (us) ;)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So lets get this straight.

The the embarrassing teenage Primark black-hooded wankpuffins who inhabit a tragic griefhole in a corner of that decrepit rotting hovel masquerading as a Premier League football ground, wanted to move right behind the goal.

The fans behind the goal have given them the finger.

So the hooded Palace GOONSQUAD have got all huffy about it, and taken their drum home. Now CPFC2010 are inviting "new recruits" to take up their places to "make an atmosphere"

What an absolute bunch of arsefluting spunktrumpets :lolol:

Palace. The gift that keeps on giving.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
So lets get this straight.

The the embarrassing teenage Primark black-hooded wankpuffins who inhabit a tragic griefhole in a corner of that decrepit rotting hovel masquerading as a Premier League football ground, wanted to move right behind the goal.

The fans behind the goal have given them the finger.

So the hooded Palace GOONSQUAD have got all huffy about it, and taken their drum home. Now CPFC2010 are inviting "new recruits" to take up their places to "make an atmosphere"

What an absolute bunch of arsefluting spunktrumpets :lolol:

Palace. The gift that keeps on giving.

difficult to argue with that! :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here