Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Bloom wouldn't do it, that's the difference. They only have this atmosphere, they are clinging on to because with out it they are irrelevant, that's why the majority of fans want it, even tho they dont go to games.

Again, It's a badge because they are irrelevant in all the other areas.

Anyway, I'm glad we have done our part with the petition (They do love a petition, Westham stadium, Benteke with Liverpool which was the funniest and plenty more) because they are now divided and this 'together' mantra as been completely blown out of the water. We are, as a club the epitome of together.

With them, It's Parish and the HF then the rest. [emoji23]
Nice to see this quoted on the away end of the BBS.

Poor souls. Must be hard having the fan base divided over 100 fans [emoji6]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Woeful tonight - silent in the first half so bad that you could hear ONE bloke horrifically out of tune trying to sing some wooooah red and blue shit on his own. They really do rely on 50 spotty kids to get any atmosphere anywhere :lol: :ffsparr:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So, those long-standing season ticket holders who are being turfed out by the Fanatics are starting to be contacted by Palace. Doesn't seem to be going well...

I had my call from the Box Office

I don't normally criticise the club but oh dear

The 16 rear rows in Block E are involved. Everyone sitting there 'will have to move'.

They couldn't say whether, if I join the Singing Section, I keep my seat. They couldn't tell me what the process is. They couldn't say what would happen or where I may sit if I should decide not to sing.

They couldn't tell me how to join the singing section, they simply said it's CPFC and not the HF. I may pop down to the Holmesdale and buy someone a pint anyway to see what I can find out. Must be better organised in the HF than in the Box Office.

They did confirm that the singers won't be able to stand

They didn't realise I paid for my seat in 1995 for 25 years, so I don't think they can move me easily.

They say when it comes to moving I wait until the season ticket holders confirm their renewal, then get first dibs on the non renewed seats. They implied a discount. As I have already paid that offers no benefit to me.

I told them this was just dreadful, they should not be having discussions without having thought the very basic aspects through. I asked them to log my comments. I don't expect to get any feedback that isn't just boiler plate nonsense at the time of renewals.

Parish, I know you read my posts. Sort it out! I have done work like this in the past and you are handling it truly appallingly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m really not just saying it but they are so far away from us as a Professional football club it’s unreal. You can just imagine some 18 yr old Croydon facelifted bird called Chantelle making these calls without any information, in her dead end job & being ****ed off that someone took issue with it! To move fans who have paid for a seat for 25 years is a total shambles! All cos some kids with a drum wanted to move seats but couldn’t!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It is shocking customer relations. Fans could understand a rejig if a family section was moved for example, but to be told you must move because some benny fancied your seat and the club weren't strong enough to tell them to grow up is a PR disaster.

I also wonder what plod make of this. I'm sure I have read somewhere that some of the nimrods have claimed unfavourable treatment from plod in the past. If I was plod I would be hacked off with the club as well given the likely extra cockiness the pillocks are likely to display having made the club look super piss weak.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...to be told you must move because some benny fancied your seat and the club weren't strong enough to tell them to grow up is a PR disaster.

:lolol:

What an utter joke of a club Palace are. On the pitch, in the boardroom and in the stands - just a shambles everywhere you look.

:ffsparr:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We are right to take the piss however the 100 or so do lead the rest of the crowd. I hate them with a passion however you can't dispute that the atmosphere created at Selhurst WAS probably one of the best in the Premier and the reason why Prince Charming wants to bend over backwards for them.
As I said earlier Palace fans feel the atmosphere and singing is an important part of the match day experience, personally I don't care too much for the ultra style malarkey but it workED for them.

Slight correction for you

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still a bit of good news if you are a Palace fan today

''Crystal Palace expect striker Christian Benteke to return to training "very soon" after announcing he has undergone knee surgery.''

Wont be long now before they get that first goal :moo:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is there any legal redress that the existing seat holders can take bearing in mind the fan quoted has paid for his seat?

I mean, obviously, Palace would blame it on Sussex police, but surely they have some consumer rights.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I feel sorry for a Palace fan.

Ugh, I feel dirty.

Agreed. When it comes down to it, these are long-standing and loyal Palace fans who are being treated with utter contempt by their club.

No fans deserve to be treated this way, even those in the jester stripes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
They did confirm that the singers won't be able to stand

They say when it comes to moving I wait until the season ticket holders confirm their renewal, then get first dibs on the non renewed seats

So when the HF just stand like they did when they attended games, they will be forced to sit down. If this is enforced will they walk out in another huff and refuse to attend games, or are CPFC not telling the whole truth to their fans who are being moved.

And where will these non renewal seats be, they are unlikely to be in decent seats and if a group of fans being moved want to stay together how will they be accommodated.

Perhaps Mr Parrish would like to give up his seat as a goodwill gesture

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
One thing for sure is Parish as certainly divided the fans.

He as basically said that the HF are better supporters than the rest. [emoji33]

Plenty of the Pro "singing section" are now spitting their dummies out because the whole LH is not being reset and 'only' (only) 400 fans being moved. It's not fair they say, this was going to be the best atmosphere in the UK that they could've be proud of and Parish as fecked it up [emoji3525]

Such a good read over there.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What if you want to sing and keep your seat, will there be auditions, The tw*ts dressed in black factor.
"Shares in North Face rise 10% as all Palace fans who want to keep their seats put in orders". Actually, that wouldn't happen as they probably get them snide off eBay.

Seriously, this is bad even by Palace standards. The bar has been raised from the usual "omnishambles" to "omni****upofthehighestorder".

Who's driving the (vandalised by their own fans) bus, Frank Spencer?

You couldn't make this shit up. I'm so glad to have the biggest joke in football as our rivals. It's piss funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here