Page 1 of 179 12341151101 ... LastLast

The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

5 Not allowed!
    With all credit to @dadams2k11, who posted this on the Mr Tumble thread- I think it justifies a thread of its own rather than being lost in amongst Tiny Tears' transfer saga.

Heated debates on the BBS and Twitter tonight in relation to everybody's favourite black-clad, hoody-wearing, firework-lobbing gang of funsters. It appears they might have thrown their toys out of their pram in a fit of smoke-filled pique, and Palace have called their bluff

Letter evidently sent out by CPFC to supporters....

Unique Opportunity to move your season ticket to Lower Holmesdale Block B

CPFC has been advised by the Holmesdale Fanatics that they will no longer be present as an organised group at the front of block B of the Lower Holmesdale stand.

The club would like to thank the HF for their fantastic, vibrant and passionate support - especially the brilliant displays at Selhurst Park and their outstanding contribution to the 2013 and 2016 Wembley finals.*

In collaboration with the group, the Box Office has always held back 100 seats at the front of block B for exclusive use by HF members. As all Palace fans know, this is the most vibrant, passionate and noisy part of the stadium but it has previously been impossible for other supporters to purchase season tickets in this “singing section”.*

We now have a unique opportunity to offer these seats in the front rows of Lower Holmesdale Block B to vocal supporters who currently have season tickets in other blocks (or further back in Block B) and who would now like to move to this area.

We expect demand to be extremely high so supporters who are interested in moving to the front of Block B are asked to email the Box Office immediately with their details quoting “Block B” in the subject box.

Furthermore, the club is very keen for the tradition of flags, banners and drums to continue in the block. If any supporters are interested in this they should e-mail Sharon.lacey@cpfc.co.uk who will be happy to put them in touch with each other and assist in getting approval from the stadium manager and safety officials

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-w...d.php?t=275926

Last edited by edna krabappel; 28-07-2018 at 09:44.
    The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Vote now...

Last edited by edna krabappel; 27-07-2018 at 23:17.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

1 Not allowed!
      I was going to make this a thread of its own but decided not to in the end. Thanks for doing it as I think it does deserve a thread of its own.

Just to add CPFC2010 posted it on the BBS and replied to some comment. It appears they are back to "engaging with the fans" again..

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It appears they might have thrown their toys out of their pram in a fit of smoke-filled pique, and Palace have called their bluff
      As I have no desire to go reading Palace forums anytime soon, what has supposedly irked the HF in the first place?
      Test your smoke alarm Bry Nylon's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Attached Images Attached Images  

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      As I have no desire to go reading Palace forums anytime soon, what has supposedly irked the HF in the first place?
      As I understand it, they demanded to move seats to a more central position rather than their little corner block. The existing ST holders in those central seats mostly declined to be forcibly moved to accommodate the drum-bashers, so the Always Ultras were told their luck was out. Now it appears they're sulking, and Palace seem to be offering their seats to new takers (I mean, they're not going to get any new takers, obviously- as if they have a waiting list!- but as a statement, it's quite funny).

10 Not allowed!
      So there were never more than 100 of them and in future they will take their chances at storming whichever turnstile takes their fancy, to eject the women, children and pensioners from their seats, assuming the safety officer allows them.

We're not quite in special forces territory here are we, more like special needs.

5 Not allowed!
      They really don't have any self awareness do they? I think the rot in really starting to set in now. Their amateur "bodgit and scarper" approach to running the club, whilst paying over the odds for everyone and everything in the PL is catching up with them as a club. In all honesty I can see them going tits up Pompey style within the next few years.

That new stand they announced (almost exact copy of our West Stand) was just to appease their gullible fans, I doubt in reality it's even on the radar. From what I hear they don't have much money in the kitty for players, let alone new stands! They have relied on lady luck for far too long and it's going to run out eventually.
      Last edited by bWize; 27-07-2018 at 23:39.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I thught I'd post one of my favourite songs as a sort of innoculation against all the germs likely to be enountered on this thread.

Quite funny though. Sooooo embarrassing.

Nigelissimus bumbakissimus.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bWize View Post
      They really don't have any self awareness do they? I think the rot in starting to really set in now and their "bodgit and scarper" approach to running the club, whilst paying over the odds for everyone and everything in the PL is catching up with them as a club. In all honesty I can see them going tits up Pompey style within the next few years.

That new stand they announced was just to appease fans, I doubt in reality it's even on the radar and don't think they have much money in the kitty for players, let alone new stands! They have relied on lady luck for far too long and it's she's going to run out eventually.
      Exactly.

Normally I'd have a bit of sympathy for a club in trouble (Charlton, er...Dulwich Hamlet) but this lot have so much self- entitlement, delusional adequacy, next stop Europe brain****ery going on its hard to know where to start laughing and where to stop laughing.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre