Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] The Always Ultras:: a tale of WOE

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe take a look at the NS next time you are at the Amex..........then.........hush!!

Oh I know, but moving a whole load of supporters, all dressed in black, and putting them smack bang in the middle of the stand and allowing them to do whatever they want is surely asking for it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh I know, but moving a whole load of supporters, all dressed in black, and putting them smack bang in the middle of the stand and allowing them to do whatever they want is surely asking for it.

You’d hope

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
The HF idea of moving behind the goal is flawed from the start.
selhurst is quite unusual in that the newest and most comfortable stand is behind the goal and the other 3 stands are completely decrepit bordering on derelict. This adds an extra level of desirability to the homesdale that wouldn't be there in other grounds. This means that turnover in those seats is non-existent and people will quite rightly be protective of thier seats.

What this proves is that the vocal section in any ground needs to be in the cheapest and least desirable seats to a non singer, this will ensure that vocal groups can expand and allow new blood to keep coming through. In all seat stadia this is now usually in the corners. When the HF move into the middle they're most likely going to find themselves isolated in a doughnut of people who want to sit down, this soap opera is going to last for years :lolol:

Block A,B,C and D already stand up the whole game. I'm in D.

The facilities in the main stand are actually pretty good inside, The stand from the outside looks old but the bars and lounges inside are decent. Maybe try posting about something you have some knowledge of...

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I know this seems like a stupid question... but who are the HF? Is there a membership? Is the HF defined as anyone who is in the corner block this season? Or last season? Or signs up on a website now? Or put their name on the petition?

400 people are being ejected from their seats but how is SP determining which 400 supporters take their place?

I know we are all joking about an x-factor style sing off, but does the HF actually have a defined membership?

If SP decides to have people sign up to be an 'official' member of HF between now and the end of this season, how f**ked up will it be if we filled that list with hundreds of names/emails (*cough* us *cough*) that then gracefully decline the offer of a priority season ticket in the singing section.

The club will implode if there are 100 spotty kids and 300 empty seats in their special HF-Only section come next season!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

The facilities in the main stand are actually pretty good inside, The stand from the outside looks old but the bars and lounges inside are decent. Maybe try posting about something you have some knowledge of...

He'll start when you start bonehead...

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

Pretty good is stretching it they are OK nothing more, do they still serve Cronx ale, and yes I do have knowledge having been in there prematch.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I know this seems like a stupid question... but who are the HF? Is there a membership? Is the HF defined as anyone who is in the corner block this season? Or last season? Or signs up on a website now? Or put their name on the petition?

400 people are being ejected from their seats but how is SP determining which 400 supporters take their place?

I know we are all joking about an x-factor style sing off, but does the HF actually have a defined membership?

If SP decides to have people sign up to be an 'official' member of HF between now and the end of this season, how f**ked up will it be if we filled that list with hundreds of names/emails (*cough* us *cough*) that then gracefully decline the offer of a priority season ticket in the singing section.

The club will implode if there are 100 spotty kids and 300 empty seats in their special HF-Only section come next season!

HF were started in 2005 by a handful of young fans who were all about 16/17 who wanted to improve the atmosphere at Selhurst. The original lads are now approaching 30 and have taken a back seat over the past couple of seasons, Most of them are no longer spotty.There is no membership card or ID as such. The guys that run the HF will provide Parish with a list of memberships to be moved to block E. People not attached to the HF can also contact the box office to get moved to block E if there is room left.

The whole thing has been a major cock up from the club, The HF have done themselves no favours either. Personally I'd reset the whole of the lower Holmesdale and designate the middle 3 blocks singing(standing) sections. Give the HF their 400 seats then get people to apply for the seats they want in loyalty point order.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Pretty good is stretching it they are OK nothing more, do they still serve Cronx ale, and yes I do have knowledge having been in there prematch.

Fair enough ...hardly 'completely decrepit bordering on derelict' as described by the OP though eh?

Cronx bar at the East croydon box park is worth a visit if you are passing through. :)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What I'm currently enjoying most about this saga is how it showcases what a sham of a club Palace are. A bland, soulless hollow shell of a club with nothing at its core. They are so desperate for some kind of identity, something they can say is 'them' that they feebly cling to the idea of the HF and the myth of the atmosphere. So much so that there's panic, infighting, ****wittery and shambolic leadership/organisation that could lead to the fanbase being ripped apart at the thought that some bell ends dressed in black might not come to their games anymore.

Palace really are the most pathetic, laughable and pitiable excuse of a club.

Brilliant.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
HF were started in 2005 by a handful of young fans who were all about 16/17 who wanted to improve the atmosphere at Selhurst. The original lads are now approaching 30 and have taken a back seat over the past couple of seasons, Most of them are no longer spotty.There is no membership card or ID as such. The guys that run the HF will provide Parish with a list of memberships to be moved to block E. People not attached to the HF can also contact the box office to get moved to block E if there is room left.

The whole thing has been a major cock up from the club, The HF have done themselves no favours either. Personally I'd reset the whole of the lower Holmesdale and designate the middle 3 blocks singing(standing) sections. Give the HF their 400 seats then get people to apply for the seats they want in loyalty point order.
Do the displaced 400 not realise that it's for "the greater good"?

They seem so unreasonable.

:lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

We have full knowledge of your chairman's original comments:

"We explained to the Fanatics that we felt it would be hugely unfair and disruptive - as well as potentially cause a great deal of ill feeling towards their group - if we pressed ahead. Instead, we promised that we would revisit this once the Main Stand was rebuilt"

"...unless 100 supporters at the centre of block E would like to give up their seats voluntarily on the basis that the club will do its very best to find them alternatives, there is no real prospect of facilitating their wish of a move to the centre of Block E at this time"

"We remain open to any ideas and sensible solutions that do not disadvantage our other valued supporters"

Exactly what do the AU have on him, to force him into such a shambolic U-turn?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What I'm currently enjoying most about this saga is how it showcases what a sham of a club Palace are. A bland, soulless hollow shell of a club with nothing at its core. They are so desperate for some kind of identity, something they can say is 'them' that they feebly cling to the idea of the HF and the myth of the atmosphere. So much so that there's panic, infighting, ****wittery and shambolic leadership/organisation that could lead to the fanbase being ripped apart at the thought that some bell ends dressed in black might not come to their games anymore.

Palace really are the most pathetic, laughable and pitiable excuse of a club.

Brilliant.

Don't forget 'South London and Proud'

Proud of what exactly? 8 years of history?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

And therein lies the point in one neat package. A total disregard for those who have been in their preferred place, with hitherto first rights on their ST renewals (as is absolutely correct) for over 20 years from the club and, it appears, a sizeable portion of their fellow fans.

And all because the entire Palace fanbase cannot muster an organic atmosphere without a couple of hundred or so on loan Spurs fans who are expected to perform their own dance for the entertainment of others. It's pretty obvious to every other football fan at every other football club that it's everyone's responsibility to get an atmosphere going. Always has been, always will be. Except at Palace, it seems.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
And therein lies the point in one neat package. A total disregard for those who have been in their preferred place, with hitherto first rights on their ST renewals (as is absolutely correct) for over 20 years from the club and, it appears, a sizeable portion of their fellow fans.

And all because the entire Palace fanbase cannot muster an organic atmosphere without a couple of hundred or so on loan Spurs fans who are expected to perform their own dance for the entertainment of others. It's pretty obvious to every other football fan at every other football club that it's everyone's responsibility to get an atmosphere going. Always has been, always will be. Except at Palace, it seems.

...and not forgetting the fact that their home form at the start of this season (no atmosphere) is almost identical to their home form at the start of last season (with atmosphere)... thus making the entire process utterly pointless.

It absolutely defies explanation as to why CPFC think this a good move. Almost like rooting out the club's 400 most loyal supporters, punching them in the gut and then carrying on as if nothing happened.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'd imagine that when they start waving those flags etc will pee everyone off when they can't see the match, in the corner it doesn't matter but in the middle no one else will see with one of those being waved about

Does it matter, they won't have missed any Palace goals on current home form

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fair enough ...hardly 'completely decrepit bordering on derelict' as described by the OP though eh?

Cronx bar at the East croydon box park is worth a visit if you are passing through. :)

Not far off. Not once but three times working for the Principle Brewer at the ground I had to attend due to rats eating through the python supplying the Directors bar and the Pimps sorry Coppell Bar

https://selhurst-park.co.uk/our-events/spaces/2010-club-coppell-bar/

It was bad and the bars rotten the company were relieved when Palace went elsewhere.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here